Sad day for Mxsmanic

Old March 10th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

Default *********A DEFENCE FOR MXMORAN***********

"Ibby" wrote in message

During an emergency a novice could do the exact same under the
guidance of ATC. With autoland enabled and a certified runway he
wouldnt have to touch the yoke or throttle at all. Other pilots here
believe an airliner MUST be handflown on finals just because their
automation systems do not offer the same capablilities of the
747-400. Yes some carriers request pilots to disengage the autopilot
and autothottle system on final and hand fly the remaining 500 feet
descent but it doesn't have to be done

Carry on my wayward son, you powers of imagination are quickly surpassing
Mx.

Old March 10th 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
a writes:

He was geting 'expert' instructions over the radio, and still people
died. Is the connection too obscure for you?

No, he was not getting expert instructions. He already knew how to fly
the
plane, and nobody was telling him how to do so over the radio. The
instructions concerned other matters, such as which airport would be the
best
choice for landing.

How would you know, you have never flown anything but a desk.

Old March 10th 09, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
a[_3_]

On Mar 10, 8:25*am, Mxsmanic wrote:
a writes:
He was geting 'expert' instructions over the radio, and still people
died. Is the connection too obscure for you?

No, he was not getting expert instructions. *He already knew how to fly the
plane, and nobody was telling him how to do so over the radio. *The
instructions concerned other matters, such as which airport would be the best
choice for landing.

Your view of expert instructions is very limited. Why not read the
release completely, then tell me which of those who were giving him
advice were not expert?

The point I am making, and this crash demonstrates it, is even when
someone knows enough and has been trained in a given airplane, he or
she can get into trouble, and expert advice from the ground was unable
to resolve the matter. Your claim is that someone with MSFS experience
without actual cockpit time could do better, with the assumption that
a qualified expert -- more expert than the F18 instructors that were
used in this case in any event -- could be found.

Oh well, you've waltzed around this maypole often enough, and you are
clearly getting the attention on line that you seem to need.
Congratulations.
Old March 10th 09, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

a writes:

Your view of expert instructions is very limited. Why not read the
release completely, then tell me which of those who were giving him
advice were not expert?

I have. I don't know if they were experts or not, but they were not giving
expert instruction, certainly not expert instruction in piloting.

The point I am making, and this crash demonstrates it, is even when
someone knows enough and has been trained in a given airplane, he or
she can get into trouble, and expert advice from the ground was unable
to resolve the matter. Your claim is that someone with MSFS experience
without actual cockpit time could do better, with the assumption that
a qualified expert -- more expert than the F18 instructors that were
used in this case in any event -- could be found.

In the scenario I've discussed, there's nothing wrong with the aircraft.
Abnormal procedures can stump even the best pilots, but in a normally
functioning airliner, anyone can land it with the automation available. If the
only problem is incapacitation of the pilots, the outlook for a safe landing
is quite good.
Old March 10th 09, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tony

On Mar 10, 12:01*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
a writes:
[...]

As I've pointed out, you've won, you've gotten the on line attention
you seek.
Old March 10th 09, 10:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Just go look it up!

Default NOT IGNORANCE BUT REALITY - REAL AUTOPILOT DISCONNECT WARNING ALARM 4min 58secs on Video

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:51:23 -0500, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
.. .
Just go look it up! writes:

Do you not understand that increasing the volume of alarms or
tweaking operating modes of autoflight systems after an accident
caused wouldn't be unusual?

Boeing doesn't wait for accidents before installing alarms.

You should work for the Microsoft Help Desk.

That answer was completely correct, but totally useless.

Especially when I specifically said *increasing volume* or *tweaking
modes* rather than installing an alarm system. Or is that what you
were alluding to?
Old March 11th 09, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Just go look it up!" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 17:51:23 -0500, "Maxwell" #$$9#@%%%.^^^ wrote:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
. ..
Just go look it up! writes:

Do you not understand that increasing the volume of alarms or
tweaking operating modes of autoflight systems after an accident
caused wouldn't be unusual?

Boeing doesn't wait for accidents before installing alarms.

You should work for the Microsoft Help Desk.

That answer was completely correct, but totally useless.

Especially when I specifically said *increasing volume* or *tweaking
modes* rather than installing an alarm system. Or is that what you
were alluding to?

When Mx is on the run, he often reverts to irrelevant statements. The old
"If you can't dazzle 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bull****" routine.

Old March 16th 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
wrote:
but in the UK you are not permitted to land or take off on
your first lesson which I was commenting on.

I know of no regulation in the UK that prevents it. If there were one, I
would therefore know of several people in the UK that have breached it.

Andy
(UK PPL)

Apology re mxsmanic terry Piloting 96 February 16th 08 06:17 PM
Mxsmanic : Your results are in Mayo Clinic Piloting 13 May 24th 07 02:01 PM
I saw Mxsmanic on TV Clear Prop Piloting 8 February 14th 07 02:18 AM
Mxsmanic gwengler Piloting 30 January 11th 07 04:42 AM
Getting rid of MXSMANIC [email protected] Piloting 33 December 9th 06 12:26 AM