Good Numbers :-)

Old January 9th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Good Numbers :-)

To All:

(Big, s**t Eating Grin!)

Monday was a Big Lab day. Five vials of blood. No biggie; mebbe..
four ounces? I get a Big Lab once a month, plus the Little Lab once a
week... plus an IV drip once a month.

The reason for taking that much blood is so they can run about a dozen
(!!) additional tests. Weekly lab only keeps track of a few Key
Indicators. Any change to a Key Indicator sez I got some serious
problems. Since being diagnosed with cancer in June, I've only had
three episodes where the Little Lab tests said something was out of
kilter. They hauled me in post haste, ran a Big Lab series to find
out WHY I had 'bad numbers'.

The first time it happened, I ended up back in the hospital. But only
for one night. Went home with a radically altered drug regime. In
the months which followed, I've had two Big Lab days that called for a
change in my pill recipe. The first of those, they asked to me in
immediately so they could run some confirming tests. In the second
they offered their congratulations: I was doing better than expected
but I could wait until my next regularly scheduled appointment before
altering my dosages.

If this sounds like Normal Business that's exactly what it is: The
physicians, the nurse/practitioners and their supporting Staff are in
the Healthy Business, and the manner in which they prescribe the
various drugs shows the depth of their competence. As each drug does
its Thing, the physicians are ready to prescribe the next round of
chemotherapy, responding to my symptoms, or rather, to the chemical
signals being given off by my cancer. My weekly lab report describes
those chemical signals, which the physicians use to adjust the
carefully tailored suit of drugs they've brought to bear upon my
tumor.

This is not guess-work. In prescribing various drugs the physicians
are showing the depth of their competence, a fact confirmed by my
weekly lab results.

But even without the figures from the lab, I know when things are
going well. It is impossible to quantify but after each change to my
chemical stew, there comes a point where I begin to FEEL BETTER. I
walk with a firmer tread; my exercises are accomplished in less time
with less fatigue. Still, it's nice for them to take the trouble to
call.

So... Monday was a Big Lab day. And today I get a call from the
Physician (which is enough to scare the hell outta any one!) But he
was calling because the results of the Big Lab tests said I'd made a
kind of Break-Through.

Having scared the tar outta me, the physician was very pleased with
himself. Now this value here... this 2.7 whatever... was JUST what
they wanted to see, since the Acceptable Range was 2.5 to 3.0.

"Good numbers," is how he put it. "You've got some really good
numbers here." So excuse the grin. And the extra stroll around the
patio. Because I've got Good Numbers today :-)

-R.S.Hoover
Old January 9th 09, 10:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

You are the MAN !!!!!!

Keep healing ol buddy..

Ben.
Old January 9th 09, 11:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Don Lewis

wrote

Snip

"Good numbers," is how he put it. "You've got some really good
numbers here." So excuse the grin. And the extra stroll around the
patio. Because I've got Good Numbers today :-)

-R.S.Hoover

Wonderful ......... Just WONDERFULL news !!!

Old January 9th 09, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Severyn

wrote in message
To All:

(Big, s**t Eating Grin!)

And a whole bunch of us are grinning right along with you!
GREAT NEWS!!!

J. Severyn

Old January 10th 09, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Monk

On Jan 9, 5:15*pm, " wrote:
[...]

I may get a chance to buy you a bowl of Pho yet! Two thumbs up Bob!
Old January 10th 09, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan D[_2_]

wrote in message ...
To All:

(Big, s**t Eating Grin!)

Having scared the tar outta me, the physician was very pleased with
himself. Now this value here... this 2.7 whatever... was JUST what
they wanted to see, since the Acceptable Range was 2.5 to 3.0.

"Good numbers," is how he put it. "You've got some really good
numbers here." So excuse the grin. And the extra stroll around the
patio. Because I've got Good Numbers today :-)

-R.S.Hoover

Cheers!

Old January 10th 09, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb[_2_]

Good for you, Bob!

Now, keep it going...
Old January 10th 09, 09:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Brian Whatcott

Monday was a Big Lab day. Five vials of blood. No biggie; mebbe..
four ounces? ..
"Good numbers," is how he put it. "You've got some really good
numbers here." So excuse the grin. And the extra stroll around the
patio. Because I've got Good Numbers today :-)

-R.S.Hoover

My PC picked up a nasty piece of work a week ago, when I dumbed out and
looked at a Big Boobs site. This little piece of work hooked on to
the Anti-virus protection I had, and allowed it to devour itself and it
redirected IE to adware sites and defeated efforts to download virus scans.

So here I am with a cleaned up PC and with Mozilla Thunderbird to
replace Free Agent. Thunderbird, and Firefox too, are fast and
efficient. The newsgroup reader picked up the newsgroup list I was using
six or more years ago, including r.a.homebuilt, so I browsed the old
groups today. I was shocked. R.A.H seems now to be all about building
homebuilts. Who woulda guessed? I gave it up long ago when it all
seemed to get ultra-abrasive.

But on the down side, I saw your note, Bob. I remembered you had started
up on a low cost flying project. I hope this is going to a fruitful
conclusion, and I cross my fingers for you.

Good luck

Brian W
Old January 10th 09, 11:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Hi Brian,

Nice to hear from you again. Sorry about your computer; I'm suffering
a similar fate although this particular virus is the biological sort.
It causes what the physician refers to a 'mini-strokes', a weird sort
of thing that punches tiny holes in the fabric of my memory... such as
the pass-word and screen-name needed to log-on to Groups I have
created (!!)

The point here is that if you've got the time, to become a member of
the chuggers Group and to then download its contents... somewhere.
I'll eventually recover most of what has been lost but right now I
don't even KNOW what's on the Group, being unable to remember !!

-Bob
Old January 10th 09, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
vaughn

wrote in message
.. such as the pass-word and screen-name needed to log-on to Groups I have
created (!!)

You don't need to be sick to need memory aids! For your low-priority
passwords and screen names make yourself a link via "Favorites" and then
right click on your entry in Favorites and select "Rename". Now you can add
the name& password to the title of your Favorites entry. Now the
information will always be right there on your screen when you need it.
(Don't do this with your stock brokerage account)

Vaughn

Chipmunks in numbers 2 Alf Blume Aviation Photos 10 May 13th 07 05:29 PM
Good morning or good evening depending upon your location. I want to ask you the most important question of your life. Your joy or sorrow for all eternity depends upon your answer. The question is: Are you saved? It is not a question of how good Excelsior Home Built 0 April 22nd 05 01:11 AM
NACA Numbers??? c hinds Home Built 3 October 11th 04 09:40 PM
Oil Weights and Numbers Scott Lowrey Piloting 6 April 29th 04 04:39 AM
Tu-28 and Yak-28 numbers andreas Military Aviation 4 January 17th 04 04:07 PM