Animation sequence of wig wags.

Old June 26th 12, 08:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
pat8037

Default Animation sequence of wig wags.

Hi,

I'm building some wig wags to add into an airport. At the moment, I know they are two amber lights which alternate at about 30-60 cyles per minute.

My question is, when they are on both sides of the stop bar, do they animate in a particular way. For example, as a rough drawing ( zero = off, one = on)

10 ____________ 01
01 ____________ 10

OR

10 ____________ 10
01 ____________ 01

The first one shows both sets of wig wags, flashing either towards the center, or with the second one, shows them flashing from the same start position.

Thanks.
Old August 31st 12, 02:43 PM
JFoley84 JFoley84 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat8037 View Post
I'm building some wig wags to add into an airport.

My question is, when they are on both sides of the stop bar, do they animate in a particular way.
I'm an airfield electrician at KSTL.

Our ERGL's do not synchronize the way our IRGL's do. It's rare that they've ever been shut off to even give them the chance to re-synchronize, but our operations people have never mentioned that they need to... and they certainly seem to nitpick about details such as that.

To simplify: in my experience on my particular airfield, no, they do not synchronize together.

Hope that helps a little.