Europe as joke

Old October 25th 03, 12:12 AM
Pierre-Henri Baras

"AIA" a écrit dans le message de news:
Pierre-Henri Baras wrote:
"AIA" a écrit dans le message de news:
Money to save USA from Troubles in Iraq? No Thanks we have more
serious way to spend our money... For example to build a common
European defence to definitively kill NATO.

By buying F-16s, Apaches and C-130s?????
Great move......

Talk with the polish... Italy is partecipating to the Typhoon and a-400
programs

....but just started to receive interim F-16s and bought C-130Js a few years
back.
PHB

Old October 25th 03, 12:21 AM
AIA

Pierre-Henri Baras wrote:
"AIA" a écrit dans le message de news:
Money to save USA from Troubles in Iraq? No Thanks we have more
serious way to spend our money... For example to build a common
European defence to definitively kill NATO.

By buying F-16s, Apaches and C-130s?????
Great move......

Talk with the polish... Italy is partecipating to the Typhoon and
a-400 programs

...but just started to receive interim F-16s and bought C-130Js a few
years back.
PHB

Think about we have yet F-104 for air defence (the only country in the world
i suppose) F-16 is only a leasing and we bought c-130j because our c-130h
were to old to stay in service for the next ten years...

Old October 25th 03, 01:31 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Franck" wrote:

You destruct Irak, Why we must pay ?

Because we didn't destruct Iraq. Most of the rebuilding moeny is going
for such controversial things as building and painting schools, and
buying books that don't have photos of Saddam on the covers.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 25th 03, 01:48 AM
Roman J. Rohleder

Chad Irby schrieb:

You were unable to handle a uniquely European problem in the
Balkans, why must we continue to pay?

Since when is a genocide a "uniquely European problem"?

Well, it's much more *professional* in Europe....

It´s not a topic jerk with.

First, genocides are not limited to Europe (just a glimpse.. besides
german crimes in 1930/1940s, there had been genocidal events in all
parts of the world: Turkey/Armenia, North and South America,
Indonesia, and many more. :-( ).

Second, I was referring to those who had the chance to interact and
prevent more cruelties. It is a crime to stand by if you have the
ability to jump in as much as it is to leave before the task is done.
The Balkan isn´t settled yet as the Kosovo and recent rumours and
events in Serbia prove.

Gruss, Roman
Old October 25th 03, 02:11 AM
Grantland

Pierre-Henri Baras wrote:
"AIA" a écrit dans le message de news:
Money to save USA from Troubles in Iraq? No Thanks we have more
serious way to spend our money... For example to build a common
European defence to definitively kill NATO.

By buying F-16s, Apaches and C-130s?????
Great move......

Talk with the polish... Italy is partecipating to the Typhoon and a-400
programs

...but just started to receive interim F-16s and bought C-130Js a few years
back.
PHB

Europe should cancel the F-35 and go with Eurofighter/Rafale /Gripen
hi/lo mix. **** the insolent yankee pigs.

Grantland
Old October 25th 03, 02:15 AM
Stephen Harding

Emmanuel Gustin wrote:

I agree that it would be wiser for to EU to invest more
in rebuilding Iraq, but on the other hand this fund amounts
to giving cash to the US administration of Iraq to spend
as it sees fit --- there are more fun ways to waste money.

I think the US made it quite clear this was not going to be the
case. Full transparency in how the money is spend, with an
outside board making the decisions. None of the money going to
support the US presence.

Seemed fair enough.

In the end, the USA is rich enough to pay for its own foreign
policy. EU aid money should go to countries that are in more
urgent need of it.

"Paying for its own foreign policy"? That's a real hoot coming
from Europe!

Anyways, I personally believe there will be more glory for the
US doing this ourselves, without significant help from anyone.

*If* this ends up well, this will be something Americans will
be very proud of looking back from 20 years, and the nay sayers
will look rather cheap.

If it the exercise fails, Europe can crow as it always does.

SMH
Old October 25th 03, 02:16 AM
Stephen Harding

AIA wrote:

Money to save USA from Troubles in Iraq? No Thanks we have more serious way
to spend our money... For example to build a common European defence to
definitively kill NATO.

Excellent choice!

I wish you well in the endeavor!

SMH
Old October 25th 03, 02:23 AM
Stephen Harding

BUFDRVR wrote:

It's easy. Don't forget why Irak has to be rebuilt. We didn't invade Bosnia.

Military forces were "permitted" to enter Bosnia through an agreement, Kosovo
and Macedonia as well. This doesn't change the fact that Europe demanded US
involvement even though the situation in the former Republics of Yugoslavia had
no impact on US national security. As a side note, ground forces were deployed
under "peaceful" circumstances, but air forces bombed targets in Bosnia, Kosovo
and Serbia, once again, with US forces making up the majority.

If it were up to me, I'd pull every US military member out of the Balkans to
ease the Iraq burden. Europe doesn't want to help out in Iraq, fine we can
ease our burden at their expense.

Totally agree!

It still really frosts me to hear a Euro complain that the US wasn't willing
to put ground troops in the mix for Kosovo, thereby whimping out.

Yet did provide something like 90% of the air assets for the Kosovo campaign,
which wouldn't have happened unless the US agreed to be involved.

All for interest that were nil for America.

We really are dumb schmucks!

SMH