Meigs Field Today

Old August 6th 07, 01:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Meigs Field Today

http://tinyurl.com/25usmf

It is to weep.

It is so hard to view that picture. Meigs was *SO* cool, and such a
great place to land, I just want to cry when I see what King Daley
hath wrought.

Mary and I haven't been back to Chicago since his terrorist attack on
Meigs, and we never will return, so long as he's in office. I figure
if Chicago is populated by people so stupid that they "re-elect"
someone like Daley, they certainly don't deserve any of our money.

It's a small protest, sure, but I figure it's over $10K by now, given
the conferences and weekend getaways we've skipped. Multiply that
times 400K pilots...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 6th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
john smith[_2_]

In article .com,
Jay Honeck wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/25usmf

A grass stip... how retro!

Old August 6th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Aug 6, 6:55 am, Jay Honeck wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/25usmf

It is to weep.

It is so hard to view that picture. Meigs was *SO* cool, and such a
great place to land, I just want to cry when I see what King Daley
hath wrought.

Mary and I haven't been back to Chicago since his terrorist attack on
Meigs, and we never will return, so long as he's in office. I figure
if Chicago is populated by people so stupid that they "re-elect"
someone like Daley, they certainly don't deserve any of our money.

It's a small protest, sure, but I figure it's over $10K by now, given
the conferences and weekend getaways we've skipped. Multiply that
times 400K pilots...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

What happened to all the boats? Isn't that prime moorage? I wonder
if King Daley decided the boats were a terrorist threat too and booted
them out...

Old August 6th 07, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark T. Dame

Jay Honeck wrote:

It is so hard to view that picture. Meigs was *SO* cool, and such a
great place to land, I just want to cry when I see what King Daley
hath wrought.

I was fortunate enough to have one trip into Meigs in November of 2001.
I had my passenger take a few pictures as we made the approach, but it
was just about sunset and it was a bumpy approach, so the photos didn't
really turn out. I was hoping to get another opportunity to take some
better pictures...

The fact that Daley got away with what he did really sets a bad
precedent that should scare every pilot whose airport is under attack
(which seems to be more and more every day).

-m
--
## Mark T. Dame
## CP-ASEL-IA, CFI-A, AGI
Old August 6th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Marco Leon

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://tinyurl.com/25usmf

It is to weep.

It is so hard to view that picture. Meigs was *SO* cool, and such a
great place to land, I just want to cry when I see what King Daley
hath wrought.

Mary and I haven't been back to Chicago since his terrorist attack on
Meigs, and we never will return, so long as he's in office. I figure
if Chicago is populated by people so stupid that they "re-elect"
someone like Daley, they certainly don't deserve any of our money.

It's a small protest, sure, but I figure it's over $10K by now, given
the conferences and weekend getaways we've skipped. Multiply that
times 400K pilots...

It looks like they've put a concert hall and added a beach area. The boats
still seem to be there and they've converted the FBO to something as well
(maybe an office for the boat mooring?) See
http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point....__&encT ype=1
and click on the "Bird's Eye View."

Marco

Old August 6th 07, 07:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Marco Leon wrote:
[...]

There are a few boats there in the photo that Live.com has but you do
realize that that isn't a live image don't you. The original picture that
the tinyurl points to shows no boats at all.

Old August 6th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
S Green

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://tinyurl.com/25usmf

It is to weep.

It will look pretty spectacular when it finished and with all the boats in
dock.

Old August 6th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

S Green wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://tinyurl.com/25usmf

It is to weep.

It will look pretty spectacular when it finished and with all the
boats in dock.

That's the question. Why aren't the boats in the dock now?

Meigs Field Harold A Climer Simulators 1 April 25th 07 04:02 AM
Historic Fly-By at Meigs Field today.... BEEPER708 Rotorcraft 0 September 10th 03 01:24 AM
Historic Fly-By at Meigs Field today.... BEEPER708 Products 0 September 10th 03 01:24 AM
Historic Fly-By at Meigs Field today.... BEEPER708 General Aviation 0 September 10th 03 01:23 AM
Meigs Field - X-THIS DICK! Andrew Gideon Piloting 1 July 3rd 03 07:51 PM