Traffic advisories workload permitting?

Old August 20th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Default Traffic advisories workload permitting?

Robert M. Gary wrote:
On Aug 19, 9:24 am, "Robert M. Gary" wrote:

I know that the AIM tell us that class E airspace traffic advisories
are given to VFR aircraft a workload basis. However, I seem to
recall some of our controller friends saying that as long as an
aircraft is currently being given flight following the controller
must either advise traffic or cancel the flight following. I'm
looking for this type of language in the 7110 but I'm not seeing it.

Well I think this finally does it for me on this forum. This is a
question that a year ago would have generated useful answers with
references to the 7110 code. However, I did not get one answer to my
question. I at least thought our controllers Newsp and Steven would
have posted something on this.

I have posted on that subject in this forum many times in the past twelve
years. I've grown tired of it.

Old August 20th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 20, 12:54*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

I have posted on that subject in this forum many times in the past twelve
years. *I've grown tired of it.-

In fact the first thing I did was search through all your usenet
posts. I searched for postings under your name under "workload"
"flight following" "radar services". I remember you posting on this in
the past but I wasn't able to get a good hit on the search.

-Robert
Old August 21st 08, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Robert M. Gary wrote:

In fact the first thing I did was search through all your usenet
posts. I searched for postings under your name under "workload"
"flight following" "radar services". I remember you posting on this in
the past but I wasn't able to get a good hit on the search.

Strange. I get 189 hits on "workload", 943 on "flight following", and 197
on "radar services".

Old August 21st 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 20, 5:34*pm, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:
Robert M. Gary wrote:

In fact the first thing I did was search through all your usenet
posts. I searched for postings under your name under "workload"
"flight following" "radar services". I remember you posting on this in
the past but I wasn't able to get a good hit on the search.

Strange. *I get 189 hits on "workload", 943 on "flight following", and 197
on "radar services".

Yea, but I was only looking for posts from you.

-Robert
Old August 21st 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Robert M. Gary wrote:

Strange. I get 189 hits on "workload", 943 on "flight following",
and 197 on "radar services".

Yea, but I was only looking for posts from you.

I had used "McNicoll" as the author.

Traffic? Richard Lamb Home Built 8 October 19th 05 09:52 PM
Traffic 2004 vs Ultimate Traffic Tlewis95 Simulators 3 August 13th 04 05:39 AM
VFR Advisories Around DC Scott Lowrey Piloting 4 June 9th 04 04:41 PM
Study pilot workload during approach and landing Freshfighter Piloting 5 December 7th 03 04:06 PM
Traffic help Steven P. McNicoll Piloting 0 November 12th 03 07:56 PM