How many JSOWs does an F15E-229 carry?

Old February 27th 04, 08:08 AM
Tetsuji Rai

"Kirk Stant" wrote in message
om...
The F-15E is a neat fighter, lots of good systems, excellent radar,
pretty good legs, and a two man crew. Too bad we didn't build a lot
more of them!

Kirk

Thank you!!! I think I have understood it, but I need to confirm.

Reading your message and flying an F15E-229 in a simulator (F15E in Falcon4
) I've found a serious problem with it. To tell the truth I have a cdrom
set of an old F15E flight manual, which contains info on sidewinders,
sparrows, GBU24,10, BLU107, Mk84/82, some CBUs and so on. So I want to ask
additional questions.

Can AIM120s be loaded on stations 2 and 8? and two of them each? If so,
can F15e carry 8 of them at once ?(2 on stations 2,8 each and 2 on bilateral
CFTs each) And when you load 5 smart weapons, no missiles can be loaded,
right?
How many *light* JDAMs (I mean GBU-32,35) can be loaded? and where?
How many GBU-22s can be loaded? and where?
When you load 2 AGM-130s, can any other bombs or sparrows be loaded on CFTs?
I've heard AGM-130 is very heavy and its drag factor is high.
And at last, some kinds of dumb bombs (BLU107, CBUs, Mk82,etc.) can be
loaded at OUTBD(does it read "outboard"?) stations of CFTs. When you load 5
other bombs (say, 5 smart bombs), can BLU107 be loaded at OUTBD stations of
CFTs?

I need details for simulator.....I'm flying an F15E-229 in the simulator
Falcon4...such a fan It's a very excellent plane. Very agile, nice
style and it can carry many weapons at a time!

If possible, I want detailed info on this if it's not classified...

Thank you in advance!!

-Tetsuji Rai

Old February 27th 04, 04:16 PM
Tetsuji Rai

"Kirk Stant" wrote in message
om...
"Charles Wagner" wrote in message

Kirk your comment about the JSOW being a pig, is that because it is an

ugly
glider or a reference to its operation or performance as a weapon?

Chuck Wagner

Neither, and much simpler: J SOW. Sow as in pig. Get it? There is a
neat JSOW patch that shows a flying pig on it in one of the JSOW
briefings I saw.

Of course, it is also a really ugly glider, although not as bad as a
PW-5 (insider glider pilot joke, that!).

As a weapon, well, it's basically 3/4 of a can of CBU. A weapon for
special targets, obviously.

Kirk

Hmm, in the simulator Falcon4, I like JSOW because it's the only way to
destroy SAM sites on F15E. F15E doesn't handle HARM, so I need to use JSOW
and it works very nicely.

-Tetsuji Rai

Old February 28th 04, 01:41 PM
R Haskin

"Tetsuji Rai" wrote in message
s.com...

Hmm, in the simulator Falcon4, I like JSOW because it's the only way to
destroy SAM sites on F15E. F15E doesn't handle HARM, so I need to use

JSOW
and it works very nicely.

That's only if you're not man enough to go kill SAMs the gutsy way -- with
GBU-12s, CBU-87, or -- better yet -- with the gun!