Read all about me!

Old July 22nd 07, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Gardner

Default Read all about me!

Best-selling mystery author Marcia Muller has written me into "The
Ever-running Man" as the manager of the Little River, CA airport. She hadn't
forewarned me, so reading my own name was a pleasant surprise.

Bob Gardner

Old July 22nd 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 08:20:26 -0700, "Bob Gardner"
wrote in :

Best-selling mystery author Marcia Muller has written me into "The
Ever-running Man" as the manager of the Little River, CA airport. She hadn't
forewarned me, so reading my own name was a pleasant surprise.

Bob Gardner

So are you and Ms. Muller so acquainted, that she modeled the
character of the airport manager on your personality, or did she name
the character 'Bob Miller'?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446...12#reader-link

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly
Starred Review. After 25 books in 30 years, the novelty of a female
private eye such as MWA Grand Master Muller's Sharon McCone has worn
off, but McCone has only gained luster since her original appearance
in Edwin of the Iron Shoes (1977). The San Francisco investigator is
in top form as she unravels a case that may unravel her marriage. When
Renshaw & Kessell International, a maverick corporate security firm
dealing in contingency plans for kidnappings and hostage situations,
hires McCone after a series of bombings has damaged its facilities,
she starts by looking into the checkered pasts of the firm's
co-owners. Readers may find the collateral damage that threatens to
tear apart McCone's private life as involving as the search for the
bomber, who soon moves from demolition to murder. Muller delivers the
complete package, an absorbing mystery with a familiar and evolving
cast and enough grit to give it satisfying substance. (July)
Copyright © Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier
Inc. All rights reserved.

Book Description
Sharon McCone is hired by her husband's security firm to track down
"the ever-running man," a shadowy figure who has been leaving
explosive devices at their various offices. She doesn't have to search
for long. When McCone narrowly escapes an explosion at the security
firm's San Francisco offices, she catches a glimpse of his retreating
figure. The ever-running man is dangerously close--and anyone
connected to the firm seems to be within his deadly range. To
complicate matters, McCone is forced to question her intensely private
husband, Hy, about his involvement in some of the firm's dark secrets.
The history of corruption may jeopardize their marriage, but
uncovering the secrets of the firm may be the only way she can save
her husband's life, and her own.

Old July 22nd 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 08:20:26 -0700, Bob Gardner wrote:

Best-selling mystery author Marcia Muller has written me into "The
Ever-running Man" as the manager of the Little River, CA airport.

So did the manager do it?

- Andrew

Old July 22nd 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Gardner

She and I have shared a burger at the Petaluma airport's Two Niner Diner.
"Bob Gardner, who has written several aviation texts..." is pretty
definitive. I got mentioned on the acknowledgements page of Both Ends of the
Night, but she never hinted that I would appear in a later book.

Bob

wrote in :

Best-selling mystery author Marcia Muller has written me into "The
Ever-running Man" as the manager of the Little River, CA airport. She
hadn't
forewarned me, so reading my own name was a pleasant surprise.

Bob Gardner

So are you and Ms. Muller so acquainted, that she modeled the
character of the airport manager on your personality, or did she name
the character 'Bob Miller'?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/0446...12#reader-link

Editorial Reviews

From Publishers Weekly

READ ACPOKER5 Rotorcraft 0 September 11th 04 10:39 PM
READ ACPOKER5 Owning 0 September 11th 04 10:38 PM
READ ACPOKER5 General Aviation 0 September 11th 04 10:38 PM
READ ACPOKER5 Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 04 10:38 PM
I'd like to read an STC Michael Horowitz Home Built 2 August 28th 03 06:19 AM