Annual IA Software

Old August 9th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

Default Annual IA Software

OK, after fifteen years or so, TDATA has priced themselves out of my
pocketbook. I found a little company back in South Carolina called Zook
Aviation and their product is priced fairly and I like the little demo they
sent me. I also like the mom'n'pop attitude of the company.

However, somewhere in the back of my mind during my last IA renewal course I
recall somebody mentioning software that is a shell for the FAA AD, STC, TC,
SB and the like site and simply parses and places the ADs in the right place
so that you can examine them for compliance. Seems to me that software not
requiring an annual fee, or at least one that doesn't go through the expense
of sending out updated DVDs every so often would be the way to go.

Anybody got a handle on what I thought I saw?

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

Old August 10th 07, 02:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns

Sorry Jim,
I've downloaded and parsed the airman's certificate and aircraft ownership
databases, but I haven't been able to find a downloadable version of the
AD/SB database. Please keep us informed if you locate such.
JimB

Old August 10th 07, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

RST Engineering wrote:
OK, after fifteen years or so, TDATA has priced themselves out of my
pocketbook. I found a little company back in South Carolina called Zook
Aviation and their product is priced fairly and I like the little demo they
sent me. I also like the mom'n'pop attitude of the company.

However, somewhere in the back of my mind during my last IA renewal course I
recall somebody mentioning software that is a shell for the FAA AD, STC, TC,
SB and the like site and simply parses and places the ADs in the right place
so that you can examine them for compliance. Seems to me that software not
requiring an annual fee, or at least one that doesn't go through the expense
of sending out updated DVDs every so often would be the way to go.

Anybody got a handle on what I thought I saw?

Jim
Is this any help???

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/...port/index.php

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 10th 07, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

http://www.myairplane.com/databases/...port/index.php

--

Regards, Ross

Am I missing something? I don't see how this link is related to the
thread.

-Robert

Old August 13th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Aug 11, 1:21 pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Thanks, Ross, but that's just the aircraft data file, not the AD or SB
files.

From looking at these postings, I'd say you're out of luck. However, I

know of a way to get the software for free. My IA teaches an A&P class
at the community college and the college provides him a copy of the
software, fully licensed, for free.

-Robert

Old August 13th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

RST Engineering wrote:
Thanks, Ross, but that's just the aircraft data file, not the AD or SB
files.

Jim
OK, sorry.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP
Old August 13th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
RST Engineering

I bought the Zook software yesterday for $285 the year. Sierra doesn't have
an A&P school, so I'm SOL there. And if you think the college provides him
one for free, you don't quite grasp the fundamentals of taxation. It might
be at no cost to the IA, but free ain't quite the word.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

From looking at these postings, I'd say you're out of luck. However, I

Old August 13th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Tri-Pacer

I bought the Zook software yesterday for $285 the year.

I'd be interested in your opinion after you've used it for a while. Can you
save profiles so you don't have to re-do everything each year? How about a
printout of only new & recurring ADs?

I'm using ATP & it's pretty pricey. I started with it when I got it free
from the local A&P School. However that went down the tube when I didn't
want to contract to take care of all the school's planes on a full time
basis.
(I'm retired & lazy) All my own profiles were in the ATP format so I kept
it.

Cheers:

Paul
N1431A
KPLU

What an annual.... The Visitor Owning 20 February 19th 07 10:32 AM
Annual Denny Owning 9 February 5th 07 10:24 PM
Off I go to help with my first annual on my C-150 NW_PILOT Owning 22 October 26th 04 11:39 PM
In for Annual Jim Weir Piloting 0 August 5th 04 07:06 PM
Safelog software/flight log software question Mark Piloting 2 December 8th 03 02:34 PM