"Stealth" Secret Service aircraft

Old August 20th 08, 11:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default "Stealth" Secret Service aircraft

Go to

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/stor...a-a36f2e485255

It's a story, with photo, of a Secret Service airplane that forced landed.
Notice the N number; appears to be N6208.

Then look that up in the FAA data base.

http://registry.faa.gov/

"N6208 is not Assigned/Reserved."

I tried N620B, in case that's a "B" instead of an "8.". No Joy. (Different
make. Unless they're lying.)

Hmm... is this like Area 51? If we don't record it, then it doesn't really
exist?

Maybe you should make up your own N number. When it doesn't track anywhere,
just say you work for the government. (If you're a taxpayer, that's true.)

I wonder how this tracking stuff works when there's an FAA violation or when
Airport Management tries to hit you for an overnight fee?

Must be nice, being invisible.

Old August 20th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
More_Flaps

On Aug 20, 10:55*pm, wrote:
Go to

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/stor...59a37cb-7e74-4....

It's a story, with photo, of a Secret Service airplane that forced landed..
Notice the N number; appears to be N6208.

Then look that up in the FAA data base.

http://registry.faa.gov/

"N6208 is not Assigned/Reserved."

I tried N620B, in case that's a "B" instead of an "8.". No Joy. (Different
make. Unless they're lying.)

Hmm... is this like Area 51? If we don't record it, then it doesn't really
exist?

Maybe you should make up your own N number. When it doesn't track anywhere,
just say you work for the government. (If you're a taxpayer, that's true.)

I wonder how this tracking stuff works when there's an FAA violation or when
Airport Management tries to hit you for an overnight fee?

Must be nice, being invisible.

They sure screwed up the FLWOP. Did they not see the the tracks in the
field?

Cheers
Old August 20th 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601Xl Builder

wrote:
Go to

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/stor...a-a36f2e485255

It's a story, with photo, of a Secret Service airplane that forced landed.
Notice the N number; appears to be N6208.

Then look that up in the FAA data base.

http://registry.faa.gov/

"N6208 is not Assigned/Reserved."

I tried N620B, in case that's a "B" instead of an "8.". No Joy. (Different
make. Unless they're lying.)

Hmm... is this like Area 51? If we don't record it, then it doesn't really
exist?

Maybe you should make up your own N number. When it doesn't track anywhere,
just say you work for the government. (If you're a taxpayer, that's true.)

I wonder how this tracking stuff works when there's an FAA violation or when
Airport Management tries to hit you for an overnight fee?

Must be nice, being invisible.

Well, here is a N6208 that is for sale and it isn't a Cessna.

http://www.globalair.com/aircraft_fo...ale_49164.html
Old August 20th 08, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

On 2008-08-20 03:55:17 -0700, said:

Go to

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/stor...a-a36f2e485255

It's

a story, with photo, of a Secret Service airplane that forced landed.
Notice the N number; appears to be N6208.

Then look that up in the FAA data base.

http://registry.faa.gov/

"N6208 is not Assigned/Reserved."

I tried N620B, in case that's a "B" instead of an "8.". No Joy. (Different
make. Unless they're lying.)

Hmm... is this like Area 51? If we don't record it, then it doesn't really
exist?

Maybe you should make up your own N number. When it doesn't track anywhere,
just say you work for the government. (If you're a taxpayer, that's true.)

I wonder how this tracking stuff works when there's an FAA violation or when
Airport Management tries to hit you for an overnight fee?

Must be nice, being invisible.

Air America used to put bogus tail numbers (and even serial numbers) on
their planes, but sometimes they were building planes from scratch
using spare parts. IIRC Pilatus even sued them for it.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old August 20th 08, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

C J Campbell schrieb:
Air America used to (...)

and didn't they also operate out of the Phoenix area, back then?

#m
Old August 20th 08, 08:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blanche

Wally the Squirrel wrote:
Nice theory. Try N62DB.

According to FAA records, N62DB belongs to the 5688C LLC. A search of
Arizona corporate records shows:

Domestic Address 24017 N 55TH AVE
GLENDALE, AZ 85310-3730
Statutory Agent Information Agent Name: ANNE BOATMAN
Agent Mailing/Physical Address:
24017 N 55TH AVE
GLENDALE, AZ 85310-3730
Agent Status: APPOINTED 03/26/2004
Agent Last Updated: 04/08/2004

It appears that she also owns Airwest Helicopters, is an Enrolled Agent
(usually means she understands how the IRS works in its deepest,
darkest caverns), and the registered address of the aircraft is at
Hangars Unlimited, which she also owns.

Now, when doing the N number search for 5688C, we discover it's a Cessna 414
and owned by a company in SLC.

Ya know, if DARPA knew how much data was going to be pushed to the
web, they definitely would have had serious thoughts about letting the
unwashed masses clog up the Internet...

I just love puzzles...one of these days, I really need to go back to work.

Old August 20th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike[_22_]

"Wally the Squirrel" wrote in message
Nice theory. Try N62DB.

My guess is the aircraft isn't owned by the government at all. It's
probably owned by an agent who simply flies his own aircraft. The
government will sometimes authorize official government travel by privately
owned aircraft and the current reimbursement rate is $1.26 per mile
(calculated by the airways or direct). Or if POA is not authorized, you can
get reimbursed up to the cost of commercial travel. Schedule permitting, I
do all my official travel in my own plane.

Old August 20th 08, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Wally the Squirrel

Or perhaps they just chartered the plane ...

http://www.charterhub.com/listings/p...x?OHID=1086508