GPSMAP 296 - a bit of info from tech support ...

Old March 25th 04, 10:41 PM
Cockpit Colin

Default GPSMAP 296 - a bit of info from tech support ...

The expected release date for all models is April of 2004. I do not have a

more accurate date than that. I hope to see them available by the middle of

the month in the US if all goes smoothly. You will need the Pacific basemap

for coverage of Australia and New Zealand.

The Lithium battery pack can be recharged in the aircraft in flight as well

as with the AC power adapter that plugs into the wall. This battery pack is

removable and can be replaced if necessary. There is no replacement price

available for that accessory at the current time.

The terrain data is built into the basemap of the unit and will not be

updated with the Jeppesen Data. Only obstructions will be updateable and

the obstructions will be updated and the obstructions database will only be

available in the United States.

Old March 26th 04, 08:36 PM
Nathan Young

Wow this is an AWESOME feature. I wish my 295 could do this...