Sinha FCS Deturbulator update

Old October 23rd 03, 06:09 PM
Martin Gregorie

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:22:54 +0100, Martin Gregorie
wrote:

His point was that apparently there's military money in the
development and so they might stop it being exported. In that case it

"they" are the military finding source, of course, and presumably
worried about technology getting in the 'wrong' hands.

would be an unfair advantage because it would not be available to
anybody to buy.

That should say "everyone to buy". Sorry.

--
martin@ : Martin Gregorie
gregorie : Harlow, UK

Old October 24th 03, 09:10 AM
Andrew Warbrick

At 17:18 23 October 2003, Robert Ehrlich wrote:
Andrew Warbrick wrote:
... After all, Rolladen Schneider
would sell an LS4 to anyone, even the Yanks.

No more true since DG-Flugzeugbau has taken over LS
and
has announced they are not going to continue the production
of the LS4.

That's why I used the PAST tense, I'm well aware that
DG are only going to build LS8s and maybe LS10s.

It used to be true and was in response to Mike Borgelt's
comment that the LS4 wasn't banned when it made the
previous generation of standard class gliders obsolete
(20 odd years ago now).

Old October 24th 03, 09:51 AM
Robert Ehrlich

Andrew Warbrick wrote:
That's why I used the PAST tense ...

Sorry, I missed this subtle point, probably because
English is not my native language.
Old November 13th 03, 04:56 AM
Jim Hendrix

Funding for Dr. Sinha's drag reduction research has been committed for 2004
by NASA/Langley Research Center. His proposal, Micro-Flexural Composite
Surface for Aircraft Drag Reduction, was submitted in response to NASA
Research Announcement NRA-03-LARC-02. This development will provide much
needed funding as Dr. Sinha works to bring this new technology to the
marketplace. See www.oxaero.com for more details.

Jim Hendrix