Dan Rather apologizes

Old September 23rd 04, 12:52 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Leadfoot" wrote in message
news:yan4d.333258$Oi.89988@fed1read04...

Shrub has certainly shown over the last 4 years he is unqualified.
I'm not afraid to say Shrub is unqualified.

Actually, Bush has shown that he is qualified. Kerry is an unknown to some
degree. As a Senator he opposed adequately defending the US.

He has committed numerous firing offenses for a president.

Such as?

Lets replace him and his team with someone else.

On defense matters the Bush team has done an excellent job. It's his
domestic agenda that is troublesome.

Old September 23rd 04, 05:00 AM
Leslie Swartz

Correct.

Leadfoot, however, appears to have a reading comprehension problem.

The USN IG was very careful to specifically NOT endorse kerry's medals NOR
indict the process in place.

The only way to do that, and not lie to the public, was to say that an
investigation was not warranted (because the administrative side [minor
correction] of hte procedures in place at the time were follwoed."

The IG specifically did NOT comment on either the process or the specific
people and circumstances that led to the approval of the medals.

Pretty much not the same thing as saying "kerry deserved his medals" or
"kerry was exonerated" or anything of the sort.

Steve Swartz

"Steve Hix" wrote in message
In article ,
"Leslie Swartz" wrote:

Hey Leadfoot:

Remove the "spin," and what the USN IG said was

NOT

"an investigation has determined that kerry earned his medals"

BUT INSTEAD

"their appears to be insufficient reason for an investigation"

Bi-i-i-i-i-i-ig difference, homes.

It looked to me to be more on the order of "the process in place at the
time seems to have been followed...that's all we're saying".

Old September 23rd 04, 05:31 AM
Leadfoot

From: "Leadfoot"
Date: 9/22/2004 5:39 PM Central Daylight Time

From: "Leadfoot"

Date: 9/22/2004 11:57 AM Central Daylight Time

From: "Leadfoot"

Date: 9/21/2004 9:48 PM Central Daylight Time

"B2431" wrote in message

snip

He was a company grade officer. That alone doesn't make him

qualified.
What is
his political record? Why does he slam Bush instead of telling us

about
his OWN
glowing achievemnts?

Why is he unqualified to defend the US?

Show me where I said kerry is unqualified.

So is Mr Kerry qualified or not? Doesn't mean your going to vote for

him,
just is he qualified to be CINC?

Give you a hint, Gen Franks says he is even if he is going to vote for

bush.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

So you can't back up your assertion I said kerry is unqualified?

Where did I say that you said kerry is unqualified?

And why are you so afraid to go on record and say if Kerry is qualified

or
not" Shrub has certainly shown over the last 4 years he is unqualified.
I'm not afraid to say Shrub is unqualified. He has committed numerous
firing offenses for a president. Lets replace him and his team with

someone
else.

Look above and see where you wrote "Why is he unqualified to defend the

US?"
which implies I said he was unqualified.

Aw poor little baby, were your feelings hurt?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old September 23rd 04, 05:39 AM
Leadfoot

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
link.net...

"Leadfoot" wrote in message

Shrub has certainly shown over the last 4 years he is unqualified.
I'm not afraid to say Shrub is unqualified.

Actually, Bush has shown that he is qualified. Kerry is an unknown to

some
degree. As a Senator he opposed adequately defending the US.

Find me a vote where it was his vote that was critical.

He has committed numerous firing offenses for a president.

Such as?

Invading Iraq not only needlessly but diverting assets away from are real
enemy al-queda.

Not being prepared for the occupation of Iraq. These guys have been
planning this since 1998.

Tora Bora: Using Afghan troops. You think maybe someone who had been to
Vietnam might have known better?

Lets replace him and his team with someone else.

On defense matters the Bush team has done an excellent job.

Invading Afghanistan was done very well. The iraq diversion was were he fell
apart.

Old September 23rd 04, 05:43 AM
Leadfoot

So every one who got a medal in vietnam is under a cloud right?

Old September 23rd 04, 07:06 AM
B2431

From: "Leadfoot"
Date: 9/22/2004 11:31 PM Central Daylight Time

From: "Leadfoot"

Date: 9/22/2004 5:39 PM Central Daylight Time

From: "Leadfoot"

Date: 9/22/2004 11:57 AM Central Daylight Time

From: "Leadfoot"

Date: 9/21/2004 9:48 PM Central Daylight Time

"B2431" wrote in message

[...]

I guess I shouldn't have expected a mature response from you.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old September 23rd 04, 12:52 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Leadfoot" wrote in message

Actually, Bush has shown that he is qualified. Kerry is an unknown
to some degree. As a Senator he opposed adequately defending
the US.

Find me a vote where it was his vote that was critical.

Irrelevant.

Such as?

Invading Iraq not only needlessly but diverting assets away from are real
enemy al-queda.

There was no needless invasion of Iraq, the war on terror was never limited
to al Queda.

Not being prepared for the occupation of Iraq.

Not everything in war goes according to plan.

These guys have been planning this since 1998.

Bush has been president since only 2001.

On defense matters the Bush team has done an excellent job.

Invading Afghanistan was done very well. The iraq diversion was were
he fell apart.

Iraq was not a diversion and nothing has fallen apart.

Old September 23rd 04, 08:31 PM
Leadfoot

Aw poor little baby, were your feelings hurt?

I guess I shouldn't have expected a mature response from you.

I can be like a mirror sometimes

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Old September 23rd 04, 08:43 PM
Leadfoot

"Leadfoot" wrote in message

Actually, Bush has shown that he is qualified. Kerry is an unknown
to some degree. As a Senator he opposed adequately defending
the US.

Find me a vote where it was his vote that was critical.

Irrelevant.

In other words you can't do it.

Such as?

Invading Iraq not only needlessly but diverting assets away from are

real
enemy al-queda.

There was no needless invasion of Iraq, the war on terror was never

limited
to al Queda.

No wmd and no constructive links to al-queda. For that matter they can't
even show any terror attack was planned by Iraq agasinst the US.

Not being prepared for the occupation of Iraq.

Not everything in war goes according to plan.

Lame excuse

They've wanted this war since 1998, they've had contol since 2001, they
didn't plan ahead

These guys have been planning this since 1998.

Bush has been president since only 2001.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/iraqclintonletter.htm

Notice the names at the bottom.

On defense matters the Bush team has done an excellent job.

Invading Afghanistan was done very well. The iraq diversion was were
he fell apart.

Iraq was not a diversion and nothing has fallen apart.

What about the NIE that bush dissed that predict civil war?

Old September 24th 04, 04:08 AM
Leslie Swartz

They are now . . .

And if they weren't ****ed off at kerry before (for the other reasons), they