Carriers, Dreadnoughts, old aircraft

Old May 25th 04, 06:32 PM
Sarah Hotdesking

Default Carriers, Dreadnoughts, old aircraft

"ANDREW ROBERT BREEN" wrote in message
In article ,
Sarah H wrote:
I've just come into possession of a 1913 encyclopedia with some nice
photos of naval and aviation subjects (including a 1913 aircraft

carrier!).
I'll be scanning them in and putting them on

alt.binaries.pictures.military.
Can someone please forward this info to our friends on RAM?

Thank 'ee...

Is the 'carrier the 1913 Beardmore proposal, with two islands and a
bridge-deck over the top? If so, it's the start of the train of
development which led to _Argus_ (and IIRC Murray Seuter was involved
in the 1913 concept too)

The carrier is HMS Hibernia. The first lot of pix are being posted as I
type. I also found several pix for submariners, some old naval planes and
other odds and ends.

(X-posted to RAM)

--
Sarah H
http://www.messybeast.com

Old May 25th 04, 07:29 PM
raymond o'hara

"Sarah Hotdesking" wrote in
message ...
Sarah H wrote:
I've just come into possession of a 1913 encyclopedia with some nice
photos of naval and aviation subjects (including a 1913 aircraft

carrier!).
I'll be scanning them in and putting them on

alt.binaries.pictures.military.
Can someone please forward this info to our friends on RAM?

Thank 'ee...

Is the 'carrier the 1913 Beardmore proposal, with two islands and a
bridge-deck over the top? If so, it's the start of the train of
development which led to _Argus_ (and IIRC Murray Seuter was involved
in the 1913 concept too)

The carrier is HMS Hibernia. The first lot of pix are being posted as I
type. I also found several pix for submariners, some old naval planes and
other odds and ends.

actually the hibernia is a battleship of the king edward class . it was
fitted with flying off platforms to carry some aircraft .i posted some pics
of her with and without platforms and one of a plane ttaking off .

Old May 25th 04, 07:41 PM
Sarah Hotdesking

"raymond o'hara" wrote in message
newsgMsc.636$Ly.30@attbi_s01...

"Sarah Hotdesking" wrote in

The carrier is HMS Hibernia. The first lot of pix are being posted as I
type. I also found several pix for submariners, some old naval planes

and
other odds and ends.

actually the hibernia is a battleship of the king edward class . it was
fitted with flying off platforms to carry some aircraft .i posted some

pics
of her with and without platforms and one of a plane ttaking off .

I realise Hib was a battleship, but it's much more fun to wind people up
about aircraft carriers at the moment I saw your pics. I've only done
the 1st volume of a 2 volume encyclopedia, there will be more to come, but
not right away.

I realise the files are large (BMP), but I'd already had some requests to
send BMPs for better resolution so people could save them and scale them to
their own liking. Sorry to inconvenience those who'd prefer smaller JPGs,
but the loss of resolution would have disappointed others. It's a no-win
situation. It's a pain for me as well - this connection is pay as you go
and BMPs cost me more to upload (and I didn't fancy emailing BMPs out on an
individual basis)

--
Sarah H

Old May 25th 04, 09:42 PM
Julian Barker

In message , Sarah Hotdesking
writes
[...]

Surely what they need is posting to a web server.

--
Julian Barker

"Many battles have been fought and won by
soldiers nourished on beer,and the King does not
believe that coffee-drinking soldiers can be
relied upon to endure hardships in case of
another war."
Frederick the Great, 1777
Old May 25th 04, 10:19 PM
ANDREW ROBERT BREEN

In article ,
Sarah Hotdesking wrote:
"ANDREW ROBERT BREEN" wrote in message

Is the 'carrier the 1913 Beardmore proposal, with two islands and a
bridge-deck over the top? If so, it's the start of the train of
development which led to _Argus_ (and IIRC Murray Seuter was involved
in the 1913 concept too)

The carrier is HMS Hibernia. The first lot of pix are being posted as I

More yer b*ttl*sh*p, then..

type. I also found several pix for submariners, some old naval planes and
other odds and ends.

Any chance of these going into web-space somewhere, Sarah? I'm too fond of
life to start asking our admins for binary groups..

--
Andy Breen ~ Interplanetary Scintillation Research Group
http://users.aber.ac.uk/azb/