iPAQ h5455 Blues - Help!

Old May 18th 04, 09:44 PM
Paul Remde

Default iPAQ h5455 Blues - Help!

Hi Everyone,

I have a Glide Navigator II customer with an iPAQ h5455 and neither of us
can get it work with Glide Navigator II - or any other GPS program. I've
tried using a GPS test utility called Crux_View that allows me to test each
serial port one at a time. I'm connected to a GPS-NAV but can't see the GPS
data.

I'm writing to ask if any of you (technical bunch that you are) have had
success with an iPAQ h5455 and a GPS connected through the RS-232 serial
data port on the bottom of the unit. Please let me know if you have.

Also, I'm wondering if perhaps the problem is caused by a setting that is
set incorrectly.

I'm usually very good at getting Pocket PCs to work. I've played with
dozens of them over the last few years. But I'm hoping that someone in this
group will have run into this issue before and have a suggestion.

Glide Navigator can't find GPS data so it eventually quits trying to find
the GPS and runs in simulator mode. That makes sense since the Crux_View
utility can't see GPS data on comm ports 1 to 9.

I've tried doing a soft reset.

The BlueTooth Radio is turned off. Wireless Ethernet is turned off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring Supplies
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old May 18th 04, 09:52 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I forgot to mention that my iPAQ 3970 works fine with the GPS-NAV and GN II
with both the iPAQ cradles (his and mine) I'm using for testing.

Paul Remde

Old May 19th 04, 12:06 AM
Jeff Dorwart

Paul, Have you considered trying a bluetooth gps (if
you have one available?)At 21:06 18 May 2004, Paul Remde wrote:Hi,I forgot to mention that my iPAQ 3970 works fine with