Combo Deals -- Do they work?

Old September 25th 05, 05:08 PM
Blanche

George's idea of offering to non-US pilots is very attractive. I'd
also recommend it as a stop-over for people doing those "see the USA"
type trips. Iowa City (and Iowa in general) is a nice, middle-of-the-
country stopping place.

As for the annual - sorry, not me. I must agree with (George?, other?)
not wanting to be grounded for some period of time NOT AT HOME due
to airworthiness issues.

But I do love the BFR concept!

Old September 25th 05, 06:02 PM
Martin Hotze

On 25 Sep 2005 16:08:58 GMT, Blanche wrote:

George's idea of offering to non-US pilots is very attractive.

ever asked foreign pilots about this?
how many renters are on site? if you don't have at least 3 renters within a
2 or 3 hours driving distance (or even less), you lost. Do you have a
reasonable connection to one of the big hubs to bring in the foreigners?
Atlanta? Chicago? Detroit? NY? (to name a few).

what are good arguments for this area? weather? area (restriced airspace)?
scenery?

I'd
also recommend it as a stop-over for people doing those "see the USA"
type trips. Iowa City (and Iowa in general) is a nice, middle-of-the-
country stopping place.

Not knowing anything about Jay and his hotel it would never come to my mind
to point the nose of an aircraft to Iowa City. Knowing Jay I really must
have some spare time to do it.

#m

--
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2001/09/20010920-8.html
Old September 25th 05, 07:14 PM
john smith

Do you have a reasonable connection to one of the big hubs
to bring in the foreigners?
Atlanta? Chicago? Detroit? NY? (to name a few).

Now you have hit on one of Iowa's biggest problems... lack of commercial
air service.
Old September 25th 05, 09:22 PM
Jay Honeck

Now you have hit on one of Iowa's biggest problems... lack of commercial
air service.

Nah, that's Iowa City's problem.

Iowa is (unfortunately for our airport, which had commercial service long
before any of them) amply served by commercial service into Cedar Rapids,
Des Moines, and Moline (Quad Cities)...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old September 26th 05, 03:40 AM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

Iowa is (unfortunately for our airport, which had commercial service long
before any of them) amply served by commercial service into Cedar Rapids,
Des Moines, and Moline (Quad Cities)...

So, if you cater to customers from overseas, you would have to arrange to pick
them up at one of those airports. Would that be commercial use of Atlas?

George Patterson