Intent to Flood - NASA Project Mercury

Old August 16th 08, 10:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JR[_2_]

Default Intent to Flood - NASA Project Mercury

Needless to say, the ng is delighted, & it will take us about 2
weeks to get the full calendar

Sj

I'd like to see that. What ng is this please?

a.b.pics.artpics

it's for illustrative art & the ng prefers that
photos be posted to a.b.pics.misc

Sj

Posts from BOXTOP? Got the maps, thanks for the heads up.
Old August 17th 08, 12:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:02:38 -0400, J3 wrote
(in article ):

This weekend I intend on posting 334 images (324 MB) of NASA's Mercury
Program. The quality of the images varies, but they are the high
resolution I have been able to find

I intend on utilizing the RAR and PAR method. While some may prefer
JPG, I have chosen not to post JPGs. As some files are very large
untilizing RAR & PARs allow the reciever to repair any fragment files.
There will be 19 RAR files and 13 PAR (40%) PAR files for a total size
of 380 MB

Enjoy

Thanks for the pix. I've got 'em all now.

Old August 17th 08, 12:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

Default Anyone in favour? Intent to Flood - NASA Project Mercury

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:00:55 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
That's because the people shouting the loudest are the objectors.

And they are in the majority.

Nah. but who cares about your opinion? Certainly not me.

Old August 18th 08, 03:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"hielan' laddie" schreef in bericht
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:00:55 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
That's because the people shouting the loudest are the objectors.

And they are in the majority.

Nah. but who cares about your opinion? Certainly not me.

Then why should anyone be interested in your opinion? Certainly not me.

Old August 18th 08, 03:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
hielan' laddie

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 10:20:10 -0400, Herman wrote
(in article me.nl):

"hielan' laddie" schreef in bericht
On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 15:00:55 -0400, Alan Erskine wrote
(in article ):

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
That's because the people shouting the loudest are the objectors.

And they are in the majority.

Nah. but who cares about your opinion? Certainly not me.

Then why should anyone be interested in your opinion? Certainly not me.

I have no problem with that... 'cause _I_ am not the one attempting to
control what people post, when, where, and how. The opinions of those
misguided enough to both insist on using MSOE, and, more importantly, to
insist that all others live with the limits that MSOE has, are contemptible.
I do not respect them. I do not respect those who have them. I do not care
_what_ they say. I will not be moved. You no like? Me no care.

Old August 18th 08, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

Default NASA Project Mercury hi-rez photos

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 22:59:38 +0200, JRW wrote:

As a suggestion: There is an* underused newsgroup* which still falls as
a "legal" place to post your flood.

*The newsgroup is: alt.binaries.pictures.misc*

Maybe this is a better alternative for your new and reposts that others
want, since you insist on posting high resolution photos.

Just a suggestion.

Does that mean hi-resolution photos are now off-topic?

I'm not being a smartass (except to suggest that maybe we should
rename the group a.b.p.aviation.low-res g), but first you have to
define high resolution. Bigger than your screen size? Bigger than
mine? What about someone with a 22" widescreen lcd? Are they
"standard" resolution?

Considering the number of, ahh... not completely state of the art
lurkers out there, what if someone else complains that anything
greater than 800x600 is hi-rez?

It boils down to "hi-rez is what I think it is," which gets
problematic.

How about J3 includes a special tag like "J3 flood," or "J3 winrar
post?" That would make it easy to filter out the post. Or you could
just killfile J3.

Old August 18th 08, 11:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:02:38 -0400, J3 wrote:

This weekend I intend on posting 334 images (324 MB) of NASA's Mercury
Program. The quality of the images varies, but they are the high
resolution I have been able to find

I intend on utilizing the RAR and PAR method. While some may prefer
JPG, I have chosen not to post JPGs. As some files are very large
untilizing RAR & PARs allow the reciever to repair any fragment files.
There will be 19 RAR files and 13 PAR (40%) PAR files for a total size
of 380 MB

Enjoy

Since this is only 324Mb g, I say yes. I'd love to see those.

If you don't mind a suggestion, might it be a good idea to add
something to your subject line for the post? Perhaps "J3 flood," or
"J3 winrar post." That way the easily-upset have a very simple method
to avoid being offended by your work.

Old August 18th 08, 11:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 16:21:44 -0500, Sj wrote:

'Cause I like people to LOOK at my scans, not just
collect them for the sake of collecting ...

When people flood, I generally ask them if they also
race thru a museum to view everything ...

To me, photos & scans are to be viewed, examined,
enjoyed, savored ... flooding is counter to all of that ...

I don't killfile but I will delete all your headers w/out
d/ling ...

Gee, that wasn't so hard now, was it?

Sj, this may not have occured to you, but there are other reasons to
collect stuff like this that don't relate to "buy them, trade them,
get them ALL!" For example, if you are a modeler, any high-resolution
photo of a potential subject is always useful, even if you don't get
around to modeling that subject for a while.

Enjoy the herbal tea, your patchouli, and I'll send someone over to
wipe your fevered brow, while the rest of us grab the photos.

P.S. I don't even want to know how you "savor" a photograph, and I'm
not about to ask! Heh.

Old August 19th 08, 12:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Don Pyeatt

"Casey Tompkins" wrote in message
[...]

If J3 and his fellow marauders would simply post a thumbnail index of their
images, anyone could decide to D/L the files - or not. Surely with their
gargantuan IQs and geek skills, they can learn how to produce an index file.

gdp

Old August 19th 08, 12:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Casey Tompkins

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:32:03 -0500, "Don Pyeatt"
wrote:

How about J3 includes a special tag like "J3 flood," or "J3 winrar
post?" That would make it easy to filter out the post. Or you could
just killfile J3.

If J3 and his fellow marauders would simply post a thumbnail index of their
images, anyone could decide to D/L the files - or not. Surely with their
gargantuan IQs and geek skills, they can learn how to produce an index file.

gdp

Excellent suggestion, sir!