Couple of Plugs: Stan Shannon and Wicks Aircraft

Old November 4th 03, 01:08 PM
Larry Smith

Default Couple of Plugs: Stan Shannon and Wicks Aircraft

Nice guy Urbun (well, most of the time)* referred me to Stan Shannon in
Texas. He can get you an aluminum prop from the manufacturers at a good
price. http://www.kitplaneparts.com/ Likeable fellow too, eminently
courteous. His price was the best so when I buy it will be from him. But
may I say that an aluminum prop for a Taylorcraft with the little A-65 is
several hundred dollars more costly than an aluminum prop for an
O-320-powered RV. Sensenich, for example, priced me one "at a discount"
for $2800, while you can buy a brand new McCauley for an RV for $1800.
Preferable is a McCauley 1B90-7443 (74" diameter, 43" pitch, kliptip), and
Stan has the best price on that one.

Wicks is a class act. I ordered the wrong rivets so they rushed me the
correct ones and split the overnite freight cost with me. Now that I call
good business. Several years ago I bought some expensive fiberglas cloth
which UPS set out in front of the shop just before a soaking thunderstorm.
The experts say not to use glass cloth which has been wet. Wicks replaced
that cloth without even batting an eye. So here's a plug for the great
folks at Wicks Aircraft Supply:
http://www.wicksaircraft.com/

*Sometimes?

Old November 4th 03, 03:39 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:08:46 -0500, "Larry Smith"
wrote:

Wicks is a class act. I ordered the wrong rivets so they rushed me the
correct ones and split the overnite freight cost with me. Now that I call
good business.

Wellll... I think their online ordering system has a few bugs in it.

About two months ago, I needed a ton of stuff for some repair work. I
hadn't ordered from Wicks for quite a while, and called up their web page
and put the order in. Decided to go with normal ground shipping, as there
was a major part I was having fabricated.

However, about three weeks later, the stuff hadn't come. Called them
up...and whoops, they'd sent it to the wrong address.

They hadn't sent it to the address I'd given them. They hadn't sent it to
the address that their email to ME said they were sending it to. No,
they'd sent it to the address where I was living the last time I ordered
from them...ten years ago.

But then, I'm a little peeved at ACS right now, too, so I guess it balances
out... :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 5th 03, 12:54 AM
Morgans

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote

About two months ago, I needed a ton of stuff for some repair work. I
hadn't ordered from Wicks for quite a while, and called up their web page
and put the order in. Decided to go with normal ground shipping, as there
was a major part I was having fabricated.

However, about three weeks later, the stuff hadn't come. Called them
up...and whoops, they'd sent it to the wrong address.

They hadn't sent it to the address I'd given them. They hadn't sent it to
the address that their email to ME said they were sending it to. No,
they'd sent it to the address where I was living the last time I ordered
from them...ten years ago.

But then, I'm a little peeved at ACS right now, too, so I guess it

balances
out... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Do-Do happens. Nothing is idiot proof, bexause when they make it idiot
proof, someone comes up with a better idiot.
--
Jim in NC

Old November 5th 03, 01:16 AM
Dave Hyde

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

They hadn't sent it to the address I'd given them. They hadn't sent it to
the address that their email to ME said they were sending it to. No,
they'd sent it to the address where I was living the last time I ordered
from them...ten years ago.

What did they do when you told them about the foul-up?
For me it's not so much the slipups (so long as they're
infrequent) but how they deal with them. Wicks, as I recall,
has never messed up an order of mine, but they've sure
worked hard to correct *my* errors and have bailed me
out more than once.

Dave 'tip o' the hat' Hyde

Old November 5th 03, 01:33 AM
Marvin Barnard

Likewise I can't say enough good things about Wicks.....I've always
got great service from super good people.

Old November 5th 03, 04:23 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:16:24 GMT, Dave Hyde wrote:

Ron Wanttaja wrote:

They hadn't sent it to the address I'd given them. They hadn't sent it to
the address that their email to ME said they were sending it to. No,
they'd sent it to the address where I was living the last time I ordered
from them...ten years ago.

What did they do when you told them about the foul-up?

They sent it to me, on the same ground shipping I'd originally requested.
They didn't volunteer to send it express, nor did I suggest it.

Ron Wanttaja
Old November 5th 03, 11:43 PM
Kenny Danielson

They sent me the wrong size. When advised of this, they sent the correct
size at no charge and told me to keep the "wrong" stuff and they were sorry.
My previous supplier (who has thousands of my dollars) would have tried to
blame me for the error, etc.

Kenny Danielson, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Old November 7th 03, 11:44 PM
Larry Smith

You betcha. Bless you.
"Phil Sisson, Litchfield Aerobatic Club" wrote in
message ...
I ordered my RV prop from Stan Shannon at Rondure.

He is a prince of a guy.....

Phil Sisson Litchfield, IL