Top Gun CUNNINGHAM: I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office.

Old August 4th 06, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Larry Dighera

Default Top Gun CUNNINGHAM: I broke the law, concealed my conduct and disgraced my office.

On 3 Aug 2006 19:18:19 -0700, "Gordon" wrote in
.com:

Any particular reason you did that? Why not post the link, instead of
posting yards of text straight off another website?

Web sites are ephemeral. GoogleGroups archives Usenet articles for
posterity.
Old August 4th 06, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Maule Driver

Spooky. The Butner prison complex is where I take anybody I give a ride
to out of 8NC8. For Young Eagles its, "guess what's in those
buildings". And it's our flight school's standard practice area. There
are 3 to 5 prisons there, roughly 3 miles from the airport (thankfully
across a lake, a quarry, swamplands, and interstate).

How many times have I wondered about people imprisoned below while I'm
doing figure eights and turns around a point in the big blue sky overhead.

As a kid, reading the account of his big flight in Vietnam while
building model airplanes, I was saddened knowing I would probably never
get to fly a Phantom but I knew I would always fly.

Thanking of Cunningham sitting it out in Butner while I cavort
overhead...as much as I hate what he did, how he did it, and the
egotistical a--hole he always seemed to be in public accounts... life
seems harsh and arbitrary even when law and order is righteously served.
But it is the way it is.

Larry Dighera wrote:
According to the Inmate Locator at the Federal Bureau of Prisons
website, Cunningham is currently incarcerated at the low-security wing
of the Butner Federal Correctional Complex in Butner, North Carolina
with inmate register number 94405-198. His projected release date is
listed as June 4, 2013.

Old August 4th 06, 04:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 04 Aug 2006 14:04:47 GMT, Maule Driver
wrote in
:

Thanking of Cunningham sitting it out in Butner while I cavort
overhead...a

It's good to know that he can see people enjoying their freedom over
his head, but I'd prefer to see the millions of dollars he cost the
country back in the federal coffers.

Old August 5th 06, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
RadicalModerate

In rec.aviation.military Larry Dighera wrote:
On 3 Aug 2006 19:18:19 -0700, "Gordon" wrote in
.com:

Any particular reason you did that? Why not post the link, instead of
posting yards of text straight off another website?

Web sites are ephemeral. GoogleGroups archives Usenet articles for
posterity.

Keep in mind Google now only displays the first 20 kbytes
of posts (about 250 lines).

Such a sad story though where "Duke" Cunningham will be remembered
as one of the biggest crooks in Congress instead of his accomplisments
in the air.

--
Herb Oxley
From: address IS Valid.