1979 Tiger for Sale

Old August 23rd 03, 06:23 PM
Flynn

Default 1979 Tiger for Sale

Well I've taken the new plane plunge and put a deposit down on a new SR22
for delivery in late Sept. My wife says I can't have 2 airplanes so the
Tiger's for sale.

Latest info is at
http://www.ipilot.com/classifieds/ad...&cid=-1&fuid=0
I'm going to take some new pic's today and post them there. Contact info if
interested is also at the above site.

Patrick Flynn
Sammamish, WA
79 Tiger N4543A KRNT

Old August 23rd 03, 09:21 PM
Dan Luke

"Flynn" wrote:
Apparently. I was very surprised. They're quoting 2 wks +/- for

the -22's
from order acceptance. Not sure on the 20's but I believe it is

slightly
longer. I think they produced 51 airplanes in July. The sales rep

said
production capacity is now 3 per day.

This has got to be killing Cessna, Piper, Mooney and Beechcraft. I
wonder if market saturation is in Cirrus's future. Are they near
filling a pent-up demand for new airplanes of modern design?

Congratulations on the new bird. God bless guys like you who buy new
airplanes, thereby creating used airplanes for the rest of us!
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old August 23rd 03, 09:25 PM
Flynn

I think Diamond's going to have the same impact. Clean designs, good
pricing, better performance. What's not to like?
I'm hoping that Lancair can get their production act together so that there
are 3 good competitors out there.
As for creating used planes...what I'd like to do now is create a used plane
buyer!

Old August 24th 03, 07:35 AM
Montblack

("Flynn" wrote)
Latest info is at

http://www.ipilot.com/classifieds/ad...&cid=-1&fuid=0
I'm going to take some new pic's today and post them there. Contact info

if
interested is also at the above site.

(Below)
I copied this from the "Registration" link. Are those numbers right?

105 mph?
13.5 gph?
180 hp?

Aircraft Specifications:
Aircraft Manufacturer: GRUMMAN AMERICAN AVN. CORP.
Aircraft Model: AA-5B
Aircraft Type Fixed wing single engine
Aircraft Category: Land
Year AC Manufactured: 1979
Engines: 1
Seats: 4
Weight: CLASS 1
Speed: 105 mph
Engine Manufacturer: LYCOMING
Engine Model: O&VO-360 SER
Engine Type: Reciprocating
Horse Power: 180
Fuel: 13.50 gph

--
Montblack

Old August 24th 03, 08:47 AM
Javier Henderson

"Montblack" writes:

("Flynn" wrote)
Latest info is at

http://www.ipilot.com/classifieds/ad...&cid=-1&fuid=0
I'm going to take some new pic's today and post them there. Contact info

if
interested is also at the above site.

(Below)
I copied this from the "Registration" link. Are those numbers right?

105 mph?
13.5 gph?
180 hp?

The Tiger has a 180HP engine, and cruises, on the average, at about
130 to 135 KTAS on about 9.5 gpph, at around 7000 to 9000'.

-jav (former Tiger owner, more than once)

Old August 24th 03, 09:21 AM
Flynn

Let's see...I routinely see 135-138kts @ 75% @ 7500'.
I plan for 11 gph and usually get 10gph @ 7500'.
Endurance is around 4 hours 30 mins with 30 min reserve (VFR)
There's only the std version to my knowledge in the AA5B models though I've
heard rumor of a long-range STC.

Does have the 180hp engine

Old August 24th 03, 09:24 AM
Flynn

I should, of course, add that YMMV.
The engine on N4543A has less than 200 hours on it and I've had it rigged by
a very knowledgable Grumman A&P.

Old August 24th 03, 12:14 PM
Mark T. Mueller

When I looked into the SR-22, the deal-killer for me was insurance. The
rates on Cirrus have been astronomical due to more than one fatal in less
than 6 months, with no apparent benefit from the BRS. As far as I know, the
insurance companies have really jacked up the rates on all Cirrus models.
The factory is subsidizing first year insurance for new owners.

If they don't figure out the insurance thing, they will hit a brick wall. I
am paying around $1K/yr for my Tiger. I can't imaging paying over $6K/yr for
a fixed gear single, and from what I have heard it doesn't matter if you are
a 500 hour instrument pilot or not... At that rate, it would be better to
find a nice used twin.

But I agree, if they get the insurance thing under control, Cessna and
Mooney are toast. They will have to come up with a 6-seater to compete with
Beech. If they come up with a 6-seat design that has comparable performance
to the A36, Beech will be toast as well.

Mark
AA-5B at HEF