A380 Fly-by!

Old October 2nd 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y

Default A380 Fly-by!

This morning, at ~ 0800 EDT, I got to watch the A380 make a low pass
of a Pratt & Whitney facility, complete with a wing wave!

Damn... That thing is BIG. (Coming from a guy who regularily sees
C-5's in flight!).
Old October 2nd 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

B A R R Y wrote:
This morning, at ~ 0800 EDT, I got to watch the A380 make a low pass
of a Pratt & Whitney facility, complete with a wing wave!

Damn... That thing is BIG. (Coming from a guy who regularily sees
C-5's in flight!).

It's really not an airplane at all. It's a "place" that moves around in
the sky. When it lands I'm fairly certain it becomes a continent .
:-))

--
Dudley Henriques
Old October 2nd 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
tom418

WFSB just had a report of the landing at BDL, and gave us a glimpse of the
inside. Made B747s look small

Old October 2nd 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

"B A R R Y" wrote in messagenews:kk95g3t2h217fdb4p269rpmkhkn0dijcvp@4ax .com...

This morning, at ~ 0800 EDT, I got to watch the A380 make a low pass
of a Pratt & Whitney facility, complete with a wing wave!

Damn... That thing is BIG. (Coming from a guy who regularily sees
C-5's in flight!).- Hide quoted text -

I haven't see the A380, but it seem to be almost identical in length
to the 747.
http://www.aoe.vt.edu/~mason/Mason_f/A380Buescher.pdf

Old October 2nd 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Blueskies

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message ...
B A R R Y wrote:
This morning, at ~ 0800 EDT, I got to watch the A380 make a low pass
of a Pratt & Whitney facility, complete with a wing wave!

Damn... That thing is BIG. (Coming from a guy who regularily sees
C-5's in flight!).

It's really not an airplane at all. It's a "place" that moves around in the sky. When it lands I'm fairly certain it
becomes a continent .
:-))

--
Dudley Henriques

Should have it's own zip code...

Old October 2nd 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old October 3rd 07, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip

On 2 Oct, 21:16, B A R R Y wrote:
This morning, at ~ 0800 EDT, I got to watch the A380 make a low pass
of a Pratt & Whitney facility, complete with a wing wave!

Damn... That thing is BIG. (Coming from a guy who regularily sees
C-5's in flight!).

Yeah, i've seen al the finished ones wingtip to wingtip in Toulouse
and they don't actually look that big from across the field.
They don't look that big until you notice the tiny thing parked next
to them is an A340!
I think there's five finished now.

Bertie

Old October 3rd 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Oct 2, 3:16 pm, B A R R Y wrote:
This morning, at ~ 0800 EDT, I got to watch the A380 make a low pass
of a Pratt & Whitney facility, complete with a wing wave!

Damn... That thing is BIG. (Coming from a guy who regularily sees
C-5's in flight!).

Wow, didn't realize there were any in the US right now. I'm sure it
was one of the two with the EA GP7200 engines on its cert trials. Do
you know if it landed at JFK?

Old October 3rd 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 20:16:26 GMT, B A R R Y
wrote:

This morning, at ~ 0800 EDT, I got to watch the A380 make a low pass
of a Pratt & Whitney facility, complete with a wing wave!

Damn... That thing is BIG. (Coming from a guy who regularily sees
C-5's in flight!).

Barry

Look close. Probably the biggest coffin you will see for a while.

If I do any more airline traveling, will not fly on a 380.

Big John