Airport Manager position, Fitchburg, MA

Old August 10th 03, 09:09 PM
David Reinhart

Default Airport Manager position, Fitchburg, MA

City of Fitchburg
Position
Airport Manger

General Description
Active muniipal airport requires an experienced hands-on excutive who is
customer service oriented with a "can do" attitude. Individual must
have proven succcessful communication, management & orgainizational
skills. Position reports to the Airport commission. Salary Range
$42,000 to $61,000 annualy plus city benefit package.

General Duties
Overall daily management of all airport operations.
Must be familiar with and conform to all FAA, MAC, City laws and codes.

GIS (Geographic Information Systems) familiarity.
Basic knowledge of office computer programs.
Daily supervision of airport personnel
Recommended annual airport budget to Mayor & Commissioners.
Promotes public recognition of the airport
Be responsible for airport security.
Other responsibilities determined by the Airport Commissioners

Send resume to Bernard Stephens, Human Resources Director, City of
Fitchburg, 718 Main Street, Fitchburg, MA 01420

City of Fitchburg is an EOE.

Old August 11th 03, 02:50 AM
Steve Foley

I actually thought you would throw your hat in the ring.

"David Reinhart" wrote in message
City of Fitchburg
Position
Airport Manger

Old August 11th 03, 09:56 PM
David Reinhart

They can't afford me. I'd have to take a major pay cut to take this
job. As much as I dislike working for my current employer, they pay
better than the City of Fitchburg.

Dave Reinhart

Old August 12th 03, 04:09 AM
Judah

Sometimes it's not just about the money...

David Reinhart wrote in
:

Old August 12th 03, 07:52 PM
Jay Honeck

Sometimes it's not just about the money...

Amen, Brother!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 12th 03, 09:54 PM
David Reinhart

In this state the median price of a single-family home is $333,000. No,
that's not a typo. A "starter home" is anything under $250,000.
Bascially Fitchburg can't offer enough money to attract top talent and, as
usually the case in this life, you get what you pay for.

Of course, there are things money can't buy. I may not be willing to take
the pay cut to be the FIT manager but I'm shelling out my own money to be
the AOPA ASN Volunteer for the airport. Amazing how postage, copy costs,
etc., can mount up, not to mention the extra trips (30 miles each way) for
commission meetings, planning board meetings, etc.

Dave Reinhart

Old August 12th 03, 11:46 PM
bh

Bad Bill gets my vote.