Boeing C-22B

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 2nd 04, 09:54 PM
Bob McKellar

roboT2003 wrote:

http://www.kathryncramer.com/wblog/

--- Using the net to track down mercenary fighters in Iraq Kathryn
Cramer has been posting a lot of really good, solid investigative
material about the ongoign use of mercenrary fighters in Iraq, googling
the tail-numbers of aircraft and generally net-researching the hell out
of the shadowy world of soldiers-for-hire in a US-led battlefield.

This is what Internet investigative journalism is all about:

Another question for the next White House Press conference: Did flight
N4610 depart the U.S. from Hope Air Force Base in North Carolina?

ONE MINOR FUSSY POINT: If you've been following my attempts to track
down all the Boeing C-22Bs, you know that I have had a little bit of a
hard time tracking down exactly how many there were. I thought I'd cut
it down to four, but this photo of a C-22B, on the web site of the U. S.
Air Force, clearly shows a plane with a number just beyond the sequence
I was researching: the 34618 indicates a serial number 83-4618
associated with an original tail number N4618. Interesting.

USAF Fact Sheet: http://www.aog-usafa.org/Fact_Sheets/C_22B.htm

From the Baugher Data:

USAF Serial Number Search Results

Serial Number Criteria: 83-4618
Description Criteria:
Data last updated: Tue Jan 27 22:46:12 2004

83-4618 ... 83-4618 (EXACT MATCH)
Boeing C-22C
Ex-commercial 727-200 c/n 21946, ex 9V-SGH, 9V-WGA, N48054,
N8596C for ANG. To AMARC as CU0003 Apr 23, 2001.

Bob McKellar, who is just in this for the ser#'s