Flying in the US

Old May 9th 05, 02:15 PM
Jay Honeck

And home to some of the biggest dang tornados I have ever seen!!!!!!!

Hey -- people come from all over the world to see those danged things!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 9th 05, 03:40 PM

NS wrote:
I am looking for a friendly place to fly in the US when I go on vacation
this year - I have no particular destination in mind albeit I have flown in
sw Florida, Texas, New England and Arizona.

Nigel, come see Colorado!

Rocky Mountain National Park, mountain flying,
Pikes Peak (14,000+ mountain you can drive to the top of), mountain flying,
Mount Evans, (14,000+ mountain you can drive to the top of), mountain flying,
Leadville, Colorado Airport, (LXV, 9,927 MSL, pattern at 11,000 MSL), mountain flying,
Gliders at Boulder, Colorado, or Owl Canyon Gliderport, Colorado, mountain flying,
Steamboat Springs (Strawberry Park Hot Springs, get neekid with the hippies), mountain flying,
Aspen, Colorado (See the beautiful people and their airplanes), mountain flying,
did I mention Mountain Flying? :-)

I have around 300 hrs mostly on complex types

Available for mountain flying, Cessna-172, Cessna-182, Piper Arrow.
See web site(s) in my .signature.

Colorado Pilots Association - Mountain Flying/High Elevation Ground School:
- Centennial Airport (APA), Tower Boardroom: June 18, 2005, Denver, Colorado
- Centennial Airport (APA), Tower Boardroom: August 13, 2005, Denver, Colorado

I teach the classroom and flying portions of this course.

I would be grateful for your views.

Worth EXACTLY what you paid for them. :-)

Best regards,

Jer/ Eberhard, CFII: Airplane, Instrument, Glider, Taildragger
--
Poudre Aviation, 2200 Airway Ave, Ft Collins, CO, 80524, USA
WEB: http://poudreaviation.com/ "Online Services" "New User"

Old May 9th 05, 03:42 PM
W P Dixon

Just goes to show there are fools all over the world! Something like 14
or so hit in one afternoon in a 50 mile radius of Wichita, I had my Bronco
packed my rollaway loaded and was headed to the coast of Georgia by noon the
next day, and I never went back to Kansas!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old May 9th 05, 05:23 PM
R.L.

You're giving the wrong impression to a visitor from across the pond. It's
not all-tornadoes, all-the-time.

Old May 9th 05, 06:02 PM
W P Dixon

It only takes one!!! I'd rather not be there for it!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

om...

Old May 9th 05, 06:14 PM
Jay Honeck

R.L. wrote:
You're giving the wrong impression to a visitor from across the pond.

It's
not all-tornadoes, all-the-time.

Hey, it keeps the riff-raff out...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 9th 05, 07:59 PM
George Patterson

W P Dixon wrote:
Just goes to show there are fools all over the world! Something like
14 or so hit in one afternoon in a 50 mile radius of Wichita, I had my
Bronco packed my rollaway loaded and was headed to the coast of Georgia
by noon the next day, and I never went back to Kansas!

Well, 14 tornadoes is a bit much, but you aren't completely safe there either.
In Georgia and Tennessee, we call mobile homes "tornado bait." And if you're on
the coast, you get the occasional hurricane too.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.
Old May 9th 05, 08:13 PM
W P Dixon

HEE HEE,
Yep George we call them tornado magnets. And yep the tornadoes are bad
enough in TN and GA , but let me tell you the ones in Kansas are just
unreal. Miles wide some of them...really spooky. Hope I never see another
one.
Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old May 9th 05, 09:35 PM
Paul kgyy

Another scenic choice is the Great Lakes area. Lots of people hate
Chicago because the mayor recently bulldozed Meigs field, but it's an
easy city to get to commercially. Local flight schools tend to be
expensive but then the current value of the Euro makes everything a
bargain in the U.S....