master warning

Old July 27th 06, 03:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
Kevin

Default master warning

Hello all,
As I begin to figure out how to fly the A321 jet, I have encountered a
significant problem. As I reach 30,000 feet, my master warning sign
comes on. I have low oil pressure and my N1 remains at 92%. At the
same time, my airspeed drops to ~110. I believe it has something to do
with the cowlflaps, but I am not sure. If it is indeed thecowl flaps,
how do I adjust them in x-plane. If not, any suggestions?

Old July 27th 06, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators
RobertVA

Kevin wrote:
Hello all,
As I begin to figure out how to fly the A321 jet, I have encountered a
significant problem. As I reach 30,000 feet, my master warning sign
comes on. I have low oil pressure and my N1 remains at 92%. At the
same time, my airspeed drops to ~110. I believe it has something to do
with the cowlflaps, but I am not sure. If it is indeed thecowl flaps,
how do I adjust them in x-plane. If not, any suggestions?

Using the altitude hold on the autopilot? If so what is the climb rate
set to? What is your fuel level? Did you have the throttles set for
maximum all the way to 30,000?

An aircraft can't maintain the same indicated airspeed with a high climb
rate at high altitudes. It's necessary to reduce the climb rate
significantly as you approach cruise altitude.

Many aircraft can't reach their normal cruise altitude immediately after
takeoff with a full fuel load. If the flight duration requires that much
fuel the plane has to cruise at a lower altitude for a while until fuel
consumption reduces its gross weight. If the autopilot increases the
angle of attack enough while attempting to climb with too much weight
there MIGHT be some effect on airflow into the engines.

There are sometimes limitations on the time jet and other turbine
engines should be operated at maximum throttle settings. The operating
procedures might call for some large fraction of maximum throttle after
the first few minutes in flight. There may be some simulator aircraft
models that imitate the malfunctions that could result from prolonged
operation at maximum throttle.