Lot of noise being made about Purple Hearts

Old August 11th 04, 07:10 PM
Jack

Default Lot of noise being made about Purple Hearts

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:32:04 -0500, Charlie Wolf
wrote:

Hey Tom - you little hypocritical piece of horse****..

Did you feel the same way about Clinton? Or are you just a lying
piece of liberal scum?

I think - the latter.
Regards,

Clinton at least had the balls to say what he believed at the time.
He wasn't like the cowardly Bush and Cheney... acting like they
supported the war while dodging it themselves. I have more respect
for those that had the balls to walk their talk than for the
chickenhawks who squawked and balked.

To know the neocon chickenhawks......... watch what they do ..... not
what they say....... Jack

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 01:39:37 GMT, (Tom Lacombe)
wrote:

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 01:08:34 +0100,

wrote:

Because he would have had to go to war for his country, something he
and Cheney were unwilling to do, but they don't mind sending our kids
off to war. Peace!
http://www.vietnow.com/artbc.htm

Old August 13th 04, 01:50 AM
Pete

"Jack" wrote

Try to pay attention next time... only those who squawked and
balked.... that means chickenhawks. Like George W. Bush.. who used
his fathers connections to get him a safe slot in the ANG.....and Dick
Cheney... who had "other priorities".

OK....we'll amend that.
"anyone who was in the military at the time, but not in Vietnam (and that
you don't like)"

Gotcha

Pete

Old August 13th 04, 01:34 PM
Tom Cervo

Try to pay attention next time... only those who squawked and
balked.... that means chickenhawks. Like George W. Bush.. who used
his fathers connections to get him a safe slot in the ANG.....and Dick
Cheney... who had "other priorities".

OK....we'll amend that.
"anyone who was in the military at the time, but not in Vietnam (and that
you don't like)"

What part of the military was Dick Cheney in?
There's at least one 4-star who had the experience of expressing caution at
Cheney's exuberant description of the Iraqi cakewalk, and got a lecture from
Cheney on McLellan's cautious ways, and later the gift of a set of tapes on the
Civil War. Apparently Dick likes only those wars at least a hundred years old,
or fought by others thousands of miles away.
Old August 13th 04, 05:53 PM
Jack

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:50:37 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

"Jack" wrote

Try to pay attention next time... only those who squawked and
balked.... that means chickenhawks. Like George W. Bush.. who used
his fathers connections to get him a safe slot in the ANG.....and Dick
Cheney... who had "other priorities".

OK....we'll amend that.
"anyone who was in the military at the time, but not in Vietnam (and that
you don't like)"

Gotcha

Pete

Wrong again Pete.... let me explain. During the Vietnam era very few
ANG units participated in the war...and certainly no interceptor units
of the type Bush was shuttled into. He was in that unit specifically
to avoid duty in Vietnam. That is why, among many other reasons, I
have no respect at all for the man.... and Dick Cheney, well, his
statement that he had "other priorities" speaks for itself and needs
no further explanation.

I spent 28 years in the military and have nothing but admiration and
respect for those who serve. However, during that time in our nations
history, I do not respect or admire those, like Bush, who used the
national guard as a safe haven to protect only themselves.

Old August 13th 04, 06:43 PM
Steve Hix

In article ,
Jack wrote:

Wrong again Pete.... let me explain. During the Vietnam era very few
ANG units participated in the war...and certainly no interceptor units
of the type Bush was shuttled into. He was in that unit specifically
to avoid duty in Vietnam.

Either do some actual homework, Jack, or get a better grade of sitter:

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question...ry/q0185.shtml

"...pilots from the 147th Fighter Interceptor Group, as it was called at
the time, were actually conducting combat missions in Vietnam at the
very time Bush enlisted. In fact, F-102 squadrons had been stationed in
South Vietnam since March 1962."

" One of the primary ANG units to receive the F-102 was the 111th
Fighter Interceptor Squadron (FIS) at Ellington Air National Guard
Station, which operated the aircraft from 1965 through 1974...he 111th
was and still is part of the 147th Fighter Wing in Houston, Texas. It
was here that George W. Bush was stationed following his enlistment in
May 1968."

"Pilots from the 147th FIG of the Texas ANG were routinely rotated to
Vietnam for combat duty under a program called "Palace Alert" from 1968
to 1970."

If you're looking to "avoid duty in Vietnam", it seems sort of
counterproductive to enlist in a unit that was sending pilots there at
the time you joined.

This information is neither new nor obscure. There's not excuse for your
prattling on and on and on with your line.
Old August 14th 04, 09:35 PM
Kevin Brooks

Subject: Lot of noise being made about Purple Hearts
From: "Jay T. Beatty"
Date: 8/14/2004 9:33 AM Pacific Standard Time

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 01:08:34 +0100,

wrote:

It's easy to get them. You've got to be relatively incompetent at your
job. To get multiples indicates either incredible bravery (coupled
with incompetence) or a high level of accident-proneness.

Thats a bull**** statement, but since your an ex-fighter pilot, I can

see
how you would think that.

Bull**** is right. Casualtis are largley the resilt of statistical

happenstance
and chaos theory.

LOL! This crap is the product of the guy who has been telling us that all
that book larnin' ain't worth a plug nickel? "Statistical happinstance and
chaos theory"?! I guess the folks who write about statistics and those who
are developing chaos theory are believable, while those that have analyzed
combat operations are not...? One wonders if those *were* the primary
reasons, why then do the "new guys" experience a greater loss rate than the
expereinced hands? Especially in air combat?

Men are often killed by wild bursts of gunfire that has
nothing to do with competance. The idea that " I survived because I'm

smart and
the other guy died because he is stupid" is the ultimate height of

arrogance.

Substitute "competent and experienced" for "smart", and "often inexperienced
or incompetent" for "stupid" and you might be onto something there, Oh
Bookless Wonder.

Go to my website and click on "One went down" to see a B-26 turned into a
flaming coffin with my friends inside. Were they incompetant? What
bulll****. What total bull****.

Why should we go to your website and read your account? You have just been
telling us that written accounts are worthless, right?

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

Old August 14th 04, 11:25 PM
BUFDRVR

ArtKramr wrote:

Casualtis are largley the resilt of statistical happenstance
and chaos theory.

Using that theory, there's no reason to train aircrew beyond the basics of
operating their machine. I mean, if its all "statisical happenstance" then it
really doesn't matter who's good and who's not.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"