q alternator 152

Old July 15th 04, 09:40 PM
Euromotors

Default q alternator 152

Hello is there anone who can tell me way the licht off alternator is
burning when the engine is not
running with mastrerswitch on? the lamp says overvoltage that means that
voltage must get over 31 volt
how can this be if engine is not running?
willy

Old July 15th 04, 10:14 PM
Scott Skylane

Euromotors wrote:
Hello is there anone who can tell me way the licht off alternator is
burning when the engine is not
running with mastrerswitch on? the lamp says overvoltage that means that
voltage must get over 31 volt
how can this be if engine is not running?
willy

Willy,

It is because the lamps name is misleading. The lamp is actually a
*low* voltage indicator, driven off of the alternator control unit.
Cessna labled them "over"voltage for a number of years, the presumption
being that the over voltage sensor had tripped, thus taking the
alternator off line, thence dropping system voltage below 24 volts, thus
lighting the lamp. In later years, they re-labled the indicator to the
more logical, less obtuse designation.

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Old July 16th 04, 09:34 AM