Steering on the taxiway

Old November 27th 06, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Judah

Default Steering on the taxiway

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Judah writes:

Objectivity is not relevant.

Then your view is just as subjective as mine, and is thus no more
valid.

As a pilot, my subjective view is in line with the charter of this group.
Old November 27th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steve Foley

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
People blowing smoke simply become emotional and resort to personal
attacks, and I promptly write
off anything they've said.

Is that your definition of "refractory"?

Old November 27th 06, 04:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Judah

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

I am probably one of the few in this group who does _not_ personally
attack other people.

A comment like, "I don't trust small aircraft or general-aviation pilots, as
a general rule," which you posted on this newsgroup designed specifically for
General Aviation Pilots, is inflammatory and belittling to General Aviation
Pilots. Especially those who trusted your questions to be geniune and
answered them genuinely.

So if I read up, I'm bad. And if I don't read up, I'm bad.

Reading up does not make you bad.
Not reading up does not make you bad.

Currently, I have lots of fun flying a sim, and I wonder whether the
time, expense, and trouble of flying for real would be offset by any
additional enjoyment I might get from real flight.

An intro flight or two would probably assist you in determining this. You
have been advised here of that before, but stated that you will not get an
intro flight.

Enjoy your wondering then.

So then why do you keep doing it?

I don't. If I were manipulating people, they certainly wouldn't be
aware of it (that would defeat the purpose).

Some of us are more aware of it than others. It's admittedly difficult to
determine your purpose, though. There has been some debate on the subject.

Perhaps it's time you enlighten us all.
Old November 27th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Judah writes:

As a pilot, my subjective view is in line with the charter of this group.

The charter of this group says nothing about subjectivity.

Old November 27th 06, 05:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Steve Foley writes:

Is that your definition of "refractory"?

It's part of it. I have limited time, so if I have reason to believe
that someone isn't going to contribute anything useful to the
discussion, I don't spend a lot of time reading his posts. I don't
killfile anyone, however.

Old November 27th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Judah writes:

A comment like, "I don't trust small aircraft or general-aviation pilots, as
a general rule," which you posted on this newsgroup designed specifically for
General Aviation Pilots, is inflammatory and belittling to General Aviation
Pilots.

It's not a personal attack. It's just an expression of opinion. Do
you have a problem with expressions of opinion?

Especially those who trusted your questions to be geniune and
answered them genuinely.

What makes you believe that my questions are not genuine?

An intro flight or two would probably assist you in determining this.

No time or money for that right now.

Enjoy your wondering then.

I don't lose any sleep over it.

Old November 27th 06, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Cirrus

Ok MX,
How would you know what type of pilot he was?
Someone here once got on my case for saying that you aren't worth our
time, and I felt bad. I've tried to see your point of view. But the
guys here are right. These arguments aren't worth the time to write
them. It's so hard to steer clear of your manipulative baited posts,
but it seems clear that you aren't in this for the same reason the rest
of us are. Goodbye MX - I hope your threads get quieter and
quieter.....

Mxsmanic wrote:
Cirrus writes:

They aren't obstacles- IT IS A LOT OF WORK to be a safe pilot.
I'm curious which parts you find to be unnecessary?

The disparity between regulations and practice, and outdated medical
requirements.

Let me ask you this- would you let a friend who was a pilot take you up
in a small airplane?

Just because he was a pilot? No. I'd have to know what type of pilot
he was.

Old November 27th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Lieberma

"Cirrus" wrote in
oups.com:

It's so hard to steer clear of your manipulative baited posts,
but it seems clear that you aren't in this for the same reason the
rest of us are. Goodbye MX - I hope your threads get quieter and
quieter.....

Thanks Cirrus :-)

Allen
Old November 27th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Judah

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

What makes you believe that my questions are not genuine?

If you do not trust General Aviation Pilots, why would you come to a forum
designed for them and ask questions of them?
Old November 27th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Cirrus writes:

How would you know what type of pilot he was?

By talking with him extensively, and especially by watching him fly.