Beech Staggerwing

Old March 22nd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

Default Beech Staggerwing

Beech Staggerwing. Hard to tell from the pictures, do they have doors
on bothsides of the cabin?

Wil
Old March 22nd 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Mar 22, 11:31*am, William Hung wrote:
Beech Staggerwing. *Hard to tell from the pictures, do they have doors
on bothsides of the cabin?

Wil

Oh Yeah, one more question. Anyone selling kit copies/replicas?

Wil
Old March 22nd 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Philippe Vessaire

http://www.griffon-aerospace.com/lionheart.html

--
Volem rien foutre al païs!
Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬
Old March 22nd 08, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
John Godwin

William Hung wrote in

m:

Beech Staggerwing. Hard to tell from the pictures, do they have
doors on bothsides of the cabin?

IIRC, there is only one door in the rear on the port side.

Old March 23rd 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:06:49 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

William Hung wrote in news:bba1909c-a841-48a4-9a8e-
:

On Mar 22, 11:31*am, William Hung wrote:
Beech Staggerwing. *Hard to tell from the pictures, do they have

doors
on bothsides of the cabin?

Wil

Oh Yeah, one more question. Anyone selling kit copies/replicas?

There's a guy selling plans for the A/R airplanes (fixed gear) but
nobody's building one AFAIK. It looks like a pipedream, really. It;'s
the kind of deal that makes getting an airplane built for you a really
bad idea, I think.
The staggerwing is a really complicated airplane. The fuselage is a
seriously complex structure, for instance, as are the wings. and it
would probably cost you a lot more to build one than buy one from
scratch.

There's one locally, scratch built, developed his own plans by taking
measurements and photos. Took over 30 years to build. I have some
photos of it some where. IF I can find them I'll put a couple up on
my web site. I had it on our chapter news letter some years back.

Beautiful bright yellow airplane.

Bertie

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old March 23rd 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Roger wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

It's not the scald own one that was on barnstormers a while back is it?
Nice looking airplane. He was selling it sans engine last time I saw it.

Bertie
Old March 24th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:17:04 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Roger wrote in
:

wrote:

[...]

It is a 7/8 scale, but I don't think this is it. Do you have an N #?
I'd dig back through my archives to try and find a photo with the
N# of the one built in Saginaw MI. Builders first name was Rex, but
I've forgotten the last name.

As the "archives" are over 35,000 images I have a bit of searching to
do. I really need multiple indexing and filing for them.

Old March 24th 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Roger wrote in
:

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 22:17:04 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

Roger wrote in
m:

wrote:

[...]

No N#. the one I saw was on Barnstormers, or maybe Ebay. Maybe a bout a
year ago? It was a very nice looking job. I think it had a 225 Jake in
it. It came up for sale again, this time without an engine. The Michigan
address rings a bell actually, but I can't be sure. It was definitely
yellow.

Bertie