Believe it or not -- video

Old May 31st 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Believe it or not -- video

Believe it or not....

Words will be quite clear after viewing this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUYN-euXqo

Today's flight to KJAN, KHKS and my own airport. KHKS and KMBO
landings, camera either tilted back or inadvertently zoomed in but oh
well, in the full scheme of things, camera is secondary as somebody
needs to land the plane!

Allen
Old June 1st 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Fri, 30 May 2008 16:25:11 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Believe it or not....

Words will be quite clear after viewing this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtUYN-euXqo

Today's flight to KJAN, KHKS and my own airport. KHKS and KMBO
landings, camera either tilted back or inadvertently zoomed in but oh
well, in the full scheme of things, camera is secondary as somebody
needs to land the plane!

Just a critique.

Finals look a bit shallow. Even shallower than when I fly a 3 deg
glide slope. Nice landings though.
Good following of checklists.

Allen

Roger (K8RI) ARRL Life Member
N833R (World's oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com
Old June 1st 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 31, 11:20*pm, wrote:

Finals look a bit shallow. Even shallower than when I fly a 3 deg
glide slope. *Nice landings though.
Good following of checklists.

Appreciate the feedback and compliments!

I was surprised you thought my finals were shallow, so I went back to
the video to see what you were talking about.

For KJAN, actually I was high. Kinda hard to see, but on the right
side of the runway, the the PAPI on the right had 4 whites at 5:34 in
the video. By 5:37 I did drop below "glide slope" as you can clearly
see the four reds on the right. (That transition time, I had cut out
10 seconds of final to "speed it up").

Can't see HKS too well, but the camera was zoomed in. (second landing)

For KMBO in the brief view of the final appraoch at 6:56 you can see I
have two whites on the VASI on the left side of the runway. (third
landing)

**Generally** I tend to "err" on the high side of my visual approaches
and then once I know I have it made, just ease the power back and aim
between the numbers and the 1000 foot markers.

gratis jamba handyvideo lustige jamba videos fuer handy jamba videoin handy format jamba handy video 3gp jamba handy videos free download jambahandy video schuelerin [email protected] Piloting 0 May 25th 08 01:00 PM
VMC to IMC video [email protected] Piloting 0 December 21st 07 01:53 PM
F-14 video Jim Naval Aviation 9 July 18th 05 10:22 PM
VIDEO: Frecce Tricolore collides over Ramstein - a new head on video Montblack Piloting 1 February 12th 05 04:03 AM
RC F-14 video Yeff Naval Aviation 4 November 1st 04 08:46 PM