DG service for LS gliders

Old November 11th 04, 07:21 PM
James

Default DG service for LS gliders

I'm curious to know what sorts of experiences others have had in
getting parts and service for their LS gliders since DG has assumed
ownership.

I am trying to buy an LS-3-17 from a fellow pilot at our field. The
airframe has 3000 hours, and therefore requires a major inspection in
accordance with procedures specified by LS. Among the squawks
identefied were brass spar bushings being out of tolerance, and worn
needle bearings in the aileron and flap hinges. The needle bearings
have been discontinued and DG recommends replacing them with nylon
ones used on LS-8s.

DG has charged the inspector up to 100 euros per question to clarify
the inspection procedure or to FAX needed diagrams (the running total
is about 300 to 400 euros). The inspector is unable to get DG to
respond to his parts order, but was able to get parts for another LS-3
in September. He has enlisted the help of the US distributor for DG
in the U.S. to get the bushings and bearings but the distributor has
been met with no response as well. Even if the bushings are not in
stock, the nylon bushings should be available from the LS-8s.

Has anyone else been delayed in getting parts or a response from DG
for their LS gliders? I have also not heard of other glider mfg's
charging money to answer questions. This does not seem to be a
customer friendly practice, especially in light of DG's promises to
stand behind the LS line.
Old November 11th 04, 09:15 PM
Sleigh

Looks like it might not be just you.
I have a LS1F ,currently with 6000hrs, (max certified
life) i have been trying to find out if there will
be a extension up to 12000hrs along with other LS1
models,
I have contacted DG on several occasions for find out
timescale, but never had a answer...
Hopefully discussion on here might spur them into action

Old November 12th 04, 05:58 AM
Friedel Weber

This story is not true.
We never have charged anything for answering any question.

True is that a procedure for life extension is not for free, because DG
never had the chance to sell this old glider. The extension of life is a
service of the manufacturer of the gliders and DG was not the
manufacturer.

But to be honest:
The native manufacturer Rolladen-Schneider did not make anything for the
extension of the life of their gliders. Was this better?
Now all owners come to us.

True is another thing too:
Gunter Schapka is very busy with answering for hundreds of enquiries.
Rolladen-Schneider simply did not answer to anybody.
We do answer (for free!) but it may take a little time.

That`s it!

Friedel Weber

---------------------

Old November 13th 04, 06:19 AM
Jerz Rossignol

I have had great service from DG!! I bought a LS-6a a year ago and
hade many questions about my glider. I spent contless hours on the
internet or researching thing and when I didn't have an answer I
contacted DG / Gunter Schapka and he had answers back to me quickly.
I have been very happy with my experiences with DG.

Sincerely,

Jerz Rossignol

Old November 13th 04, 06:37 AM
F.L. Whiteley

I asked DG, followed by Solaire Canada a question several weeks ago. I
still have no answer.

Frank Whiteley

om...

Old November 19th 04, 08:32 AM
Janusz Kesik

Użytkownik "Sleigh" napisał w
wiadomości ...
Looks like it might not be just you.
I have a LS1F ,currently with 6000hrs, (max certified
life) i have been trying to find out if there will
be a extension up to 12000hrs along with other LS1
models,
I have contacted DG on several occasions for find out
timescale, but never had a answer...

Is this what we call a perfect customer service? Germans are said to be
world's master...

Regards from Poland,

--
Janusz Kesik
Poland

Old November 19th 04, 09:15 AM
Michel Talon

Janusz Kesik wrote:

Is this what we call a perfect customer service? Germans are said to be
world's master...

Regards from Poland,

Janusz,

don't always make fun of our German friends. By the way, congratulations
for Poland who has saved us Europeans from stupid software patents.

--

Michel TALON

Old November 19th 04, 09:49 AM
Janusz Kesik

Użytkownik "Michel Talon" napisał w wiadomości

Janusz,

don't always make fun of our German friends. By the way, congratulations
for Poland who has saved us Europeans from stupid software patents.

Michael,

I am not making fun at Germans, I am laughing at these people who always
laugh at "Polnische Wirtschaft" and mumble somethins about "German
artisans". Well we see that nobody's perfect.

Regards,

--
Janusz Kesik
Poland
to reply put my name.surname[at]gazeta.pl
See Wroclaw (Breslau) in photography,
The XIX Century, the Festung Breslau, and photos taken today.
http://www.wroclaw.dolny.slask.pl

Which Military Service is best? ArtKramr Military Aviation 33 September 19th 04 04:12 PM
Air Force Chief Sounds Off as Service Birthday Approaches Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 September 18th 04 03:54 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
Service Bulletins, Service Letters, Service Spares Letters O. Sami Saydjari Owning 5 December 26th 03 05:36 AM
Underwater Gliders Burt Compton Soaring 6 November 25th 03 04:43 AM