Lets get back to flying.

Old January 4th 04, 08:28 PM
Dave

Default Lets get back to flying.

Flew a new type today, a Wassmer 52. French bird and very slippery she is
too. Nothing like the Warrior I flew in Naple Fl last week.
For a look at here look here.

http://www.pophamflyinggroup.bizland.com/wassmer.html

Old January 4th 04, 09:12 PM
Scott Skylane

Dave wrote:

Flew a new type today, a Wassmer 52. French bird and very slippery she is
too. Nothing like the Warrior I flew in Naple Fl last week.
For a look at here look here.

http://www.pophamflyinggroup.bizland.com/wassmer.html

Not a bad looking little airplane, and the performance seems pretty
good. First plane I've ever seen that has both control sticks AND yokes!

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

Old January 4th 04, 09:48 PM
Dave

Dave wrote:

Flew a new type today, a Wassmer 52. French bird and very slippery she

is
too. Nothing like the Warrior I flew in Naple Fl last week.
For a look at here look here.

http://www.pophamflyinggroup.bizland.com/wassmer.html

Not a bad looking little airplane, and the performance seems pretty
good. First plane I've ever seen that has both control sticks AND yokes!

Happy Flying!
Scott Skylane

The yoke handles look and feel like control stick handles. It flies well
although with first stage flap at 80kts the airplane feels loose but with
second stage 3/4 flap it is nice and tight and pretty responsive.

Downwind, the aim is to get it at 80kts, our circuit (pattern) is flown at
800ft, so there is no need to start decending until base leg when its back
to 75 kts on short final.

Our mud strip has one wringle as athough it is number is 26 you fly down to
the numbers on a heading of 245 until over the numbers. and then straighten
up. You are left with 650 metres to touch down and stop.

Boy does this baby float and the backpressure in the flare has you touching
down like a taildragger the nose is so high.
Pattern is here http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/images/circuit.jpg

Aerial photo
http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/pho...ham_ariel1.jpg

Its a challenging strip and on 26 there can be a lot of rotor effect from
the trees.

Old January 4th 04, 10:07 PM
EDR

In article , Dave
wrote:

Boy does this baby float and the backpressure in the flare has you touching
down like a taildragger the nose is so high.

If it floats, you are too fast on final. By controlling your airspeed
you can touchdown where you choose.
Old January 8th 04, 01:11 PM
Paul Sengupta

Ah, I saw that and talked to the pilot (can't remember who it was)
when it came into Bourne Park when I happened to be there. Nice,
smooth looking plane.

Paul