Boeing 757 turn rate?

Old June 4th 04, 05:57 PM
Garyurbach

Default Boeing 757 turn rate?

Can anybody here tall me what the standard rate of turn is in a 757? Is it the
same as small palnes, i.ei, is it universal at 360 degrees in 2 minutes?

I've got someone telling me the Boeing 757 that hit the Pentagon did some
impossible turn before flying into the building, and it sounds like a turnign
decent to me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old June 7th 04, 05:48 PM
Darrell

Standard rate turns are seldom used in modern aircraft with flight directors
and autopilots with turn/bank angle control. You set your flight guidance
for the bank angle you choose, normally 30 degrees unless you are below
maneuvering speed (takeoff & final approach). You get the rate of turn that
your true airspeed will produce at that bank angle. About the only time you
would use a standard (or half-standard) rate of turn would be when you
needed to do a timed turn due to heading failure.

--

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-