Friendly Fire Notebook

Old April 4th 04, 03:24 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 01:03:00 GMT, redc1c4
wrote:

Ed Rasimus wrote:

On Sat, 03 Apr 2004 03:55:38 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

"Yeff" wrote

What about FIGMO? g

The ROAD Sgt gets to say that and mean it...

Pete

And he's usually a REMF as well.

well, all you can do then is say "FIDO, Charlie Mike".

either that or "DILLIGAF". %-)

redc1c4,
LWASTA

Can it be time for a posting of the Falcon Codes?

Here ya go:

FALCON CODES

101 You've Got To Be ****ting Me
102 Get Off My ****ing Back
103 Beats The **** Out Of Me
104 What The ****, Over?
105 It's So ****ing Bad, I Can't Believe It
106 I Hate This ****ing Place
107 This Place Sucks
108 **** You Very Much
109 Beautiful, Just ****ing Beautiful
110 That Goddamn "O" Club
111 Here Comes Another 2nd Lt., Or ****ing Lt Col
112 Let Me Talk To That S.O.B
113 Big ****ing Deal
114 Get Your **** Straight
115 You Bet Your Sweet Ass
116 S-H-O-R-T, **** It
117 If You Think I'm ****ting You, You Try It
118 What Are You Trying To Do? Kill Somebody?
119 You Piece Of ****
120 You **** Me Off
121 If You Say "No Hab" One More Time, I'm Going To Ram One Of
Those ****ing Sugar Cubes Up Your Ass
122 ****ing Blackout In Tanker Ops
123 Same To You, Fella!
124 Take That Runway, And That, And That..
125 I Think I'm Going To Puke
131 Go Stuff A Buff Up Your Ass With The Training Wheels
Hanging
169 **** It, Just **** It!
269 Pardon Me, Sir, But I Believe You Have Me Mistaken For
Someone Who Gives A ****!
270 If You Think I Give A ****, Treat Me For Shock!
271 Ban The Buff
272 One Good Deal After Another
273 If We Have One More Bag Drag, I'm Going To **** In Your Lunch
Box
274 I'd Rather Have A Sister In A Whore House Than A Brother In A
B-52!
275 Time Sure Flies When You're Having Fun

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8
Old April 5th 04, 05:23 PM
Paul J. Adam

In message , Ed Rasimus
writes
GMAFB! Do we have "friendly fire" incidents reported from the
Revolutionary War? Really?

Certainly multiple reports from Waterloo, cited in Keegan's "The Face of
Battle": the Colonel of the 23rd Light Dragoons was reported as saying
"it's always the case, we always lose more men by our own people than we
do by the enemy" (this after his horse was shot dead under him by troops
of the 52nd Infantry), and there were several nasty fratricides as the
Prussian troops arrived.

--
When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite.
W S Churchill

Old April 14th 04, 12:01 AM
BUFDRVR

I spent an entire morning hearing the oft repeated acronym OBE. At lunch I
had
to ask what the hell it meant. Out of 6 guys, only 1 knew.

Overcome By Events.

Al Minyard

Yep, the 1 out of 6 of us clued the rest in. To this day I haven't felt the
need to use that acronym.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old April 14th 04, 12:04 AM
BUFDRVR

131 Go Stuff A Buff Up Your Ass With The Training Wheels
Hanging

271 Ban The Buff

274 I'd Rather Have A Sister In A Whore House Than A Brother In A
B-52!

Why such animosity to the BUFF? Ordnance load envy ?

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old April 14th 04, 01:18 PM
BUFDRVR

I only posted the Falcon code--didn't write it and didn't go to the
trade school.

I was just bustin' your chops anyway Ed, us BUFF guys have pretty thick skin.

Have only the greatest respect for BUFF drivers since 18
December 1972. (Before then there were some credibility issues.)

Which I was unaware of until I read Michels "11 Days of Christmas", although it
seems unfair to target the aircrew for these "credibility issues"; the orders
came directly from SAC.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old April 15th 04, 06:28 AM
John Keeney

"BUFDRVR" wrote in message
I only posted the Falcon code--didn't write it and didn't go to the
trade school.

I was just bustin' your chops anyway Ed, us BUFF guys have pretty thick

skin.

BTW, I specifically asked my friend his crew position and he said "Radar
Nav".
When I recounted to him that I had been told he would take offense at "BN"
he
looked some what quizzical, shrugged and said "No." "That's what I was, a
Radar
Navigator Bombardier."

One other note of interest to old threads: he told me his experience with
Hound
Dogs was aboard E models.

Old April 15th 04, 01:19 PM
BUFDRVR

The credibility was regarding the tactical forces doing the deep
strike strategic mission (and suffering 40% or higher losses for
months on end) while the strategic force was doing no-threat tactical
bomb drops in tactical support roles.

I fail to see how this is a credibility issue, the BUFF crews simply did as
they were told. During OAF the B-1s weren't "allowed" to hit targets in
downtown Belgrade while us BUFF guys went there daily (mostly at night, but not
always). From our perspective it wasn't a credibility issue, the B-1 guys were
as frustrated as we were proud.

Everyone around BUFFs should be familiar with
the heritage that was forged during those eleven days.

The problem is Ed, the heritage tought by USAF PME is inaccurate and in some
cases blatently untrue. "The 11 Days of Christmas" is a book circulating
through the BUFF community, hopefully most crewmembers will get a chance to
read it.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"
Old April 15th 04, 01:23 PM
BUFDRVR

When I recounted to him that I had been told he would take offense at "BN"
he
looked some what quizzical, shrugged and said "No." "That's what I was, a
Radar
Navigator Bombardier."

He's much more laid back then other Radar vets I've met. The term "BN" is short
for Bombardier Navigator, which depending on airframe could imply the job
description of operating the bombing radar, but not always. Seems the guys I've
met try to seperate themselves from non-Radar bombing types. Current RN's don't
really seem to care either way, at least most don't.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"

"Friendly fire" Mike Military Aviation 0 March 19th 04 02:36 PM
B-52 crew blamed for friendly fire death Paul Hirose Military Aviation 0 March 16th 04 12:49 AM
U.S. won't have to reveal other friendly fire events: Schmidt's lawyers hoped to use other incidents to help their case Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 December 18th 03 08:44 PM
Fire officer tops in field — again Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 13th 03 08:37 PM
Friendly fire pilot may testify against wingman Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 October 11th 03 09:32 PM