A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old May 15th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

In response to ASW20's post regarding our hangar project, here is an update..

Our capital improvement plan covers a 5 year period and includes new hangars. We have the money and the owners support. A contractor has been found but permitting in the Green Swamp Conservation area is difficult. Still, we are proceeding forward. We finished a drainage project before the Seniors which corrected a serious flooding problem. Thank you for checking up on us. Please let us know when your ready to lease a hangar.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring
Ads
  #2  
Old May 15th 17, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 8
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Thank you for the update.

Well after an entire year you have not even been successful with even a permit, then it won't happen anytime soon at that rate!!!

I won't get my hopes up at all.

What else is included in your "5 year plan"?



  #3  
Old May 16th 17, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KEN
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 5:00:40 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Thank you for the update.

Well after an entire year you have not even been successful with even a permit, then it won't happen anytime soon at that rate!!!

I won't get my hopes up at all.

What else is included in your "5 year plan"?


Well ASw20 if your are really!!! looking for a hangar for rent at SLGP I have one to rent. But my guess is that you are just a provocateur so I wont get my hopes up.
  #4  
Old May 16th 17, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Well ASW-20, please contact me at or 407-325-6500 and I can give you our goals.

Best Regards,
Rich Owen
  #5  
Old May 16th 17, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 180
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Asw20 is Sean
  #6  
Old May 16th 17, 12:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:29:45 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
Asw20 is Sean


What a jerk! Asw20 that is. Get a life.
  #7  
Old May 16th 17, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie Papa[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 82
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Tuesday, 16 May 2017 07:20:44 UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:29:45 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
Asw20 is Sean


What a jerk! Asw20 that is. Get a life.


For those of us that fly at Seminole, and I am a Canadian snowbird who has been doing so for the past 15 winters, the operation is a jewel. And Rich, who was a client and a member of the enviable DG syndicate, has taken on the management in a very unselfish and club-like culture fashion, and he too is a jewel.

If you don't know the operation, I suggest you visit next winter and discover it yourself. If you do know the operation, your comments surprise, puzzle and offend me. I don't know any of the locals who would disagree with the above.
  #8  
Old May 17th 17, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rich Owen[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

I can tell you that ASW20 is not the Sean (Fidler) that I know. In business you cannot please every customer that walks in the door. Sometimes it's due to weather, aircraft mechanical or simply an employee that had a bad day. The vast majority of pilots are a fun group to be around. People who use the anonymity of the internet to post less than positive thoughts should seek professional help. There must be an underlying reason why ASW20 has such a difficulty with Seminole Lake Gliderport. After trying to engage him via email and on Rec Aviation Soaring, I'm no longer going to respond to his posts. I would ask the rest of our friends to let his threads die on the vine. His rants don't deserve our time as a group of aviation enthusiasts.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring
  #9  
Old May 17th 17, 05:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 180
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Sorry Rich, but thats unfortunately the case. I'm assuming that you did a lot of work to support Sean's goal of brining "glider racing" to the US with the Seminole Lakes Grand Prix, but as you'll see below, Sean is well known for attacking those he publicly claims to support.

It looks like Sean has gotten more sophisticated and is posting from Google's web interface to mask his IP address, but you can see the thread where Sean created an alias to attack Paul Remde and Daryll was able to track him down via IP he

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...M/DnSveMYkCAAJ

Similar to his attacks on you, he created a new alias as many of his other alias' have already been uncovered. Google groups will show you that asw20pilot has only posted regarding Seminole Lake.

Then take a look at the thread here where the real Sean congratulates Paul for being almost 50% of the way to his goal:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.aviation.soaring/We1RwUZ4zdw/KTp8uP8ZHmUJ;context-place=searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/paul$20remde$20cumulus$20soaring%7Csort:relevance

We can also take a look at his language to see that its the same sentence structures that the real Sean uses. All of the key items he wants to highlight are included in quotes. For example from this thread:

What else is included in your "5 year plan"?

Other examples from other threads I randomly pulled:

Unfortunately, we are being told “just be happy” using

the old version until (wink, wink) the XC Soar folks..."bow" like the
others to our divine power! :-)

Well, we have been "standing by" for three months now...


He also uses 4 (and almost always 4) exclamation points for emphasis:

From this thread:

it won't happen anytime soon at that rate!!!


Here is one message:

Just amazing how those PW-5's were produced at affordable prices!!!
Wow!!!!


And here is an nice excerpt where he uses both in one sentence:

Good morning "Turn Area Task only" not racing fans!!!


I've been reading res for 15+ years and I don't know of anyone else that uses four exclamation points, let alone in almost every message like Sean. Now, unless someone is taking the time to a) malign you and b) put in the effort to copy Sean's sentence structure exactly, asw20 is Sean. Its just a continuation of a pattern of behavior thats well identified. Just because he is your friend in person, and when real Sean is posting, does not mean he is above trying to destroy your character while cowardly hiding behind aliases.




On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 7:11:58 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
I can tell you that ASW20 is not the Sean (Fidler) that I know. In business you cannot please every customer that walks in the door. Sometimes it's due to weather, aircraft mechanical or simply an employee that had a bad day. The vast majority of pilots are a fun group to be around. People who use the anonymity of the internet to post less than positive thoughts should seek professional help. There must be an underlying reason why ASW20 has such a difficulty with Seminole Lake Gliderport. After trying to engage him via email and on Rec Aviation Soaring, I'm no longer going to respond to his posts. I would ask the rest of our friends to let his threads die on the vine. His rants don't deserve our time as a group of aviation enthusiasts.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring

  #10  
Old May 17th 17, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 400
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12:08:43 PM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
Sorry Rich, but thats unfortunately the case. I'm assuming that you did a lot of work to support Sean's goal of brining "glider racing" to the US with the Seminole Lakes Grand Prix, but as you'll see below, Sean is well known for attacking those he publicly claims to support.

It looks like Sean has gotten more sophisticated and is posting from Google's web interface to mask his IP address, but you can see the thread where Sean created an alias to attack Paul Remde and Daryll was able to track him down via IP he

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!ms...M/DnSveMYkCAAJ

Similar to his attacks on you, he created a new alias as many of his other alias' have already been uncovered. Google groups will show you that asw20pilot has only posted regarding Seminole Lake.

Then take a look at the thread here where the real Sean congratulates Paul for being almost 50% of the way to his goal:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.aviation.soaring/We1RwUZ4zdw/KTp8uP8ZHmUJ;context-place=searchin/rec.aviation.soaring/paul$20remde$20cumulus$20soaring%7Csort:relevance

We can also take a look at his language to see that its the same sentence structures that the real Sean uses. All of the key items he wants to highlight are included in quotes. For example from this thread:

What else is included in your "5 year plan"?

Other examples from other threads I randomly pulled:

Unfortunately, we are being told “just be happy” using

the old version until (wink, wink) the XC Soar folks..."bow" like the
others to our divine power! :-)

Well, we have been "standing by" for three months now...


He also uses 4 (and almost always 4) exclamation points for emphasis:

From this thread:

it won't happen anytime soon at that rate!!!


Here is one message:

Just amazing how those PW-5's were produced at affordable prices!!!
Wow!!!!


And here is an nice excerpt where he uses both in one sentence:

Good morning "Turn Area Task only" not racing fans!!!


I've been reading res for 15+ years and I don't know of anyone else that uses four exclamation points, let alone in almost every message like Sean. Now, unless someone is taking the time to a) malign you and b) put in the effort to copy Sean's sentence structure exactly, asw20 is Sean. Its just a continuation of a pattern of behavior thats well identified. Just because he is your friend in person, and when real Sean is posting, does not mean he is above trying to destroy your character while cowardly hiding behind aliases.




On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 7:11:58 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
I can tell you that ASW20 is not the Sean (Fidler) that I know. In business you cannot please every customer that walks in the door. Sometimes it's due to weather, aircraft mechanical or simply an employee that had a bad day. The vast majority of pilots are a fun group to be around. People who use the anonymity of the internet to post less than positive thoughts should seek professional help. There must be an underlying reason why ASW20 has such a difficulty with Seminole Lake Gliderport. After trying to engage him via email and on Rec Aviation Soaring, I'm no longer going to respond to his posts. I would ask the rest of our friends to let his threads die on the vine. His rants don't deserve our time as a group of aviation enthusiasts..

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring


Kevin, I think you see Sean everywhere. You did not show any prove that this alias belongs to Sean, exclamation mark or quotes, really?

I think, I have a good suspension who this alias belongs to and I think Rich might have the same suspicion, but unless there is evidence it is just that a suspicion. I can only tell you the person I am thinking about had a run in with both the Seminole Gliderport owner and Sean. Yep! You hear this right, so be careful with posts like this one if you have no evidence.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seminole-Lake Gliderport Rich Owen[_2_] Soaring 6 March 29th 16 06:38 PM
Seminole-Lake Gliderport Under New Mannagement Rich Owen [email protected] Soaring 4 September 26th 15 10:58 PM
Seminole Lake Gliderport Shane Guy Soaring 0 February 15th 06 06:12 PM
Seminole Lake Gliderport Adam D Soaring 1 February 15th 06 03:33 PM
Soaring at Seminole-Lake Gliderport, FL? Roger Worden Soaring 0 July 22nd 05 06:51 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.