A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old May 18th 17, 12:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 20
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Not sure why some people are so hung up on bashing someplace. I can think of lots of better things to do with my spare time.

I hadn't been to Seminole Lake in over 20 years. I towed one year for the seniors.

I showed up this winter, checked out, and took one of their shiny gliders up for a couple of flights. Paid my bill, and went home happy. I only had a few hours to spend, and I enjoyed it very much.

I'll be stopping by in future years with an RV, and plan to stay a while. It's a nice place.

JP
Ads
  #12  
Old May 18th 17, 02:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom (TK)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 24
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Kevin might work for the liberal media, as he presents false claims and no evidence as "truth"!!!!


  #13  
Old May 18th 17, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:01:38 AM UTC-5, Rich Owen wrote:
In response to ASW20's post regarding our hangar project, here is an update.

Our capital improvement plan covers a 5 year period and includes new hangars. We have the money and the owners support. A contractor has been found but permitting in the Green Swamp Conservation area is difficult. Still, we are proceeding forward. We finished a drainage project before the Seniors which corrected a serious flooding problem. Thank you for checking up on us. Please let us know when your ready to lease a hangar.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring


Instead of bashing anyone, I'll take this opportunity to confirm: Seminole is a wonderful place! My logbook shows I first visited there in Dec. 2005 and have been quite a regular visitor/consumer since, including last February. My beloved place to go and soar between December and March, with temperatures reaching the 80s while being down to the 20s and lower in Midwest. Friendly crew and visiting pilots, palm trees, oranges, silence or cicadas (or whatever makes that noise at night) etc., etc. Unforgettable memories.
  #14  
Old May 18th 17, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom BravoMike
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 63
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Forgot to add: Rich, please sign me up for short-term rentals of the new hangar space, once it's built. Also, I'd love to see more T-Hangars available for those few days visits to keep the assembled glider protected from the weather.

  #15  
Old May 18th 17, 11:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 423
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 10:31:56 PM UTC-4, Tom BravoMike wrote:
Forgot to add: Rich, please sign me up for short-term rentals of the new hangar space, once it's built. Also, I'd love to see more T-Hangars available for those few days visits to keep the assembled glider protected from the weather.


Yes, more hangar space so we can keep our gliders there for winter.

Andrzej
  #16  
Old May 18th 17, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kevin Christner
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 189
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars


I think, I have a good suspension who this alias belongs to and I think Rich might have the same suspicion, but unless there is evidence it is just that a suspicion. I can only tell you the person I am thinking about had a run in with both the Seminole Gliderport owner and Sean. Yep! You hear this right, so be careful with posts like this one if you have no evidence.


Analysis of textual language is considered evidence and used in court all of the time. For example the text of a letter with an unknown author is compared to one from the suspect to determine if the same person wrote them. It is accepted testimony from expert witnesses for the jury to decide. You may not find it convincing, but you didn't find it convincing when Daryll tracked down Sean's IP address to one of his aliases earlier. Plenty of other well informed people can read the tea-leaves.

And let me present the evidence to you that your suspicion is incorrect. Sean got his aliases a little confused and had asw20 support him in the US Team list thread:

So let me get this straight. Am I reading this correctly that a pilot with a lower ranking number can be selected over a pilot with a higher ranking number based on votes?


Sorry, if you win a national contest and your ranking is 100.0, you should have first dibs on representing the United States...you won the right to do that.


Is the SSA really going to let "politics" decide who gets to go? What the hell kind of crap is this?


So we SUCK as a country in the world championship, and we are going to let lower performing pilots represent the country - based on votes? WOW!


So are you saying asw20, an alias that has now posted a grand total of six times about Seminole Lakes and once about the US Team, is so smart that since everyone knows he had a run in with Sean, he will cover his tracks by being a Sean ditto-head on another thread?

One personal note, your continued defense of someone who threatened to come to my home armed with a gun, put me in a straight jacket and torture me is only further enabling Sean's bullying of me an others (like Seminole Lake, where you apparently fly). Enablers are just as guilty as the one doing the deed.
  #17  
Old May 18th 17, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 999
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

Rich and I are friends, and I have been to Seminole Lake Gliderport a bunch of times over the past six years (including for two weeks a month ago). I love flying at Seminole. I wish I could be there more. I am excited about next season where Seminole will host the FAI SGP USA and the 18-meter Nationals. I am a huge fan of the location and the people who run the place, reside there, and especially of the pilots who fly there regularly each winter. Of course, I have no interest in hangars as I'm usually only able to be there for a week or two at most and usually park my glider at Mr. Farrington's house (with my dad). If lucky, like this year for the FAI SGP USA, I get to park near the clubhouse and main hangar for competitions. So, buying a hangar is not on my radar, even if I was aware of this pointless **** fight.

Amusing as always, your resident SJW and deeply fragile, conspiracy theorist is once again "seeing dead people" and lashing out mindlessly (and spittle spray) at anything that triggers her. I have no further comment or interest in such idiocy. https://img.memesuper.com/7c3e218722...e_600-450.jpeg

For the record, Seminole Lake Gliderport (SLG) is one of the very best soaring locations in the United States for several reasons. First, in terms of winter soaring in North America, SLG is one of the few east coast options for a soaring vacation. Everything you need is there and ready to go, seven days a week. Second, it's geographic location in Florida is ideal. For flying, its location regarding airspace and distance from the major ocean shores and sea breeze fronts are perfect. SLG is also close to Orlando's world-class entertainment. Third, it's soaring facilities themselves are outstanding (staff, instructors, tow equipment, rental and ride ships, aerobatic training and rides, motorhome power, beautiful grounds, pool, etc.). Much of this excellence is due to Rich who has taken on the leadership role (to help his friends and the many who frequent the glider port) and ensured the facility is maintained and continuously improved (enormously frankly). Rich works very, very hard at this along with his great team of employees who are all outstanding. The amount of effort that Rich and his team puts into that place is almost immeasurably (albeit unnoticed and perhaps underappreciated). Hell, Rich even mows the damn lawn! For me, working with the gang at SLG for the SGP was pure pleasure, and I already look forward to improving and expanding on that great success next season.

Sean Fidler
ASG-29 - 7T
Michigan USA

On Monday, May 15, 2017 at 9:01:38 AM UTC-4, Rich Owen wrote:
In response to ASW20's post regarding our hangar project, here is an update.

Our capital improvement plan covers a 5 year period and includes new hangars. We have the money and the owners support. A contractor has been found but permitting in the Green Swamp Conservation area is difficult. Still, we are proceeding forward. We finished a drainage project before the Seniors which corrected a serious flooding problem. Thank you for checking up on us. Please let us know when your ready to lease a hangar.

Sincerely,
Rich Owen
Vice President
Seminole Flying and Soaring

  #18  
Old May 18th 17, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 379
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Thursday, 18 May 2017 08:59:56 UTC-6, Sean Fidler wrote:
I am excited about next season where Seminole will host the FAI SGP USA and the 18-meter Nationals.

Sean are you announcing that Seminole is hosting the 2018 18 Meter Nationals? Nothing on the SSA calendar. The query for 2018 contests returns' NO CONTESTS FOUND

So what are the dates for 2018 18 Meter Nationals?
  #19  
Old May 18th 17, 06:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 240
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 11:12:55 AM UTC-6, Ron Gleason wrote:
On Thursday, 18 May 2017 08:59:56 UTC-6, Sean Fidler wrote:
I am excited about next season where Seminole will host the FAI SGP USA and the 18-meter Nationals.

Sean are you announcing that Seminole is hosting the 2018 18 Meter Nationals? Nothing on the SSA calendar. The query for 2018 contests returns' NO CONTESTS FOUND

So what are the dates for 2018 18 Meter Nationals?


Rich also informed me that the 18's in 2018 were to be in Seminole...or they put in a bid for them? I am just not sure but I also believe the time frame was for May. We were chatting before launch and I could be mistaken on time and if it was an award.

Best. Tom #711
  #20  
Old May 18th 17, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 423
Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Hangars

On Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 9:01:53 AM UTC-4, Kevin Christner wrote:
I think, I have a good suspension who this alias belongs to and I think Rich might have the same suspicion, but unless there is evidence it is just that a suspicion. I can only tell you the person I am thinking about had a run in with both the Seminole Gliderport owner and Sean. Yep! You hear this right, so be careful with posts like this one if you have no evidence.


Analysis of textual language is considered evidence and used in court all of the time. For example the text of a letter with an unknown author is compared to one from the suspect to determine if the same person wrote them. It is accepted testimony from expert witnesses for the jury to decide. You may not find it convincing, but you didn't find it convincing when Daryll tracked down Sean's IP address to one of his aliases earlier. Plenty of other well informed people can read the tea-leaves.

And let me present the evidence to you that your suspicion is incorrect. Sean got his aliases a little confused and had asw20 support him in the US Team list thread:

So let me get this straight. Am I reading this correctly that a pilot with a lower ranking number can be selected over a pilot with a higher ranking number based on votes?


Sorry, if you win a national contest and your ranking is 100.0, you should have first dibs on representing the United States...you won the right to do that.


Is the SSA really going to let "politics" decide who gets to go? What the hell kind of crap is this?


So we SUCK as a country in the world championship, and we are going to let lower performing pilots represent the country - based on votes? WOW!


So are you saying asw20, an alias that has now posted a grand total of six times about Seminole Lakes and once about the US Team, is so smart that since everyone knows he had a run in with Sean, he will cover his tracks by being a Sean ditto-head on another thread?

One personal note, your continued defense of someone who threatened to come to my home armed with a gun, put me in a straight jacket and torture me is only further enabling Sean's bullying of me an others (like Seminole Lake, where you apparently fly). Enablers are just as guilty as the one doing the deed.


Kevin, you have real problems. I simply pointed to you that you have zero evidence, but yet you are quick to name someone on a public forum. You need to get a life and move on. It will do a lot of good for your health if you do so. Since now you attacked me I no longer consider your posts worth replying.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Seminole Lake Gliderport Shane Guy Soaring 1 August 3rd 17 01:51 AM
Seminole-Lake Gliderport Rich Owen[_2_] Soaring 6 March 29th 16 06:38 PM
Seminole-Lake Gliderport Under New Mannagement Rich Owen [email protected] Soaring 4 September 26th 15 10:58 PM
Seminole Lake Gliderport Adam D Soaring 1 February 15th 06 04:33 PM
Soaring at Seminole-Lake Gliderport, FL? Roger Worden Soaring 0 July 22nd 05 06:51 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.