Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

Old January 19th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

A Lieberma writes:

Nope, what I am saying is that headphones should not be worn should safety
announcements OUTSIDE the PA system be needed due to catastrophic
electrical loss.

How many people would be wearing headphones after a loss of electrical
power? Are there vacuum-powered audio systems?

On my latest flight, all movies were shut down below 10,000 feet in
preparation for landing. As stated earlier up in the thread, I was
surprised to hear that audio for channel 9 was still available since I was
under the understanding since all videos were shut down, that the channel
nine audio would have been shut off.

Why? There isn't necessarily any reason to shut either of them off,
as long as announcements are heard.