Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

Old March 21st 08, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gig 601XL Builder[_2_]

Default Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path?

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Most houses are closer to the street than any runway is to any house. On
those streets are cars driving just as fast as the average airplane
lands and they way many times more which means there is much more energy
there in the case of an accident.

Then there are trains and train tracks but two things differ.

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

So you've changed your whole argument to perceived dangers now?

If that's the case then I'll opt out of this conversation. When I posted
my reply you were stating the case that there was a real danger.
Old March 21st 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
WJRFlyBoy wrote:

--

Utter nonsense! A GA airport does not negatively affect real estate
values.

Here at Spruce Creek we have some of the highest-priced homes in the
county (near Daytona Beach).

Old March 21st 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 21, 2:09 pm, Gig 601XL Builder

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

So you've changed your whole argument to perceived dangers now?

If that's the case then I'll opt out of this conversation. When I posted
my reply you were stating the case that there was a real danger.

Soon you will see that things are not as they appear, for you are
expecting a conversation, when in fact you debate with MXJunior...

Dan Mc

Old March 21st 08, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Then there are trains and train tracks but two things differ.

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

--

Utter nonsense! A GA airport does not hurt real estate prices.

Spruce Creek (with 600 airplanes resident) has some of the highest real
estate prices in the Daytona Beach area.

Old March 21st 08, 09:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Orval Fairbairn wrote in
news

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Then there are trains and train tracks but two things differ.

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and

because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

--

Utter nonsense! A GA airport does not negatively affect real estate
values.

I'd pay more to live near one.

BTW, have you ever seen a Rocket on floats?

Bertie
Old March 22nd 08, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 13:09:42 -0500, Gig 601XL Builder wrote:

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Most houses are closer to the street than any runway is to any house. On
those streets are cars driving just as fast as the average airplane
lands and they way many times more which means there is much more energy
there in the case of an accident.

Then there are trains and train tracks but two things differ.

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

So you've changed your whole argument to perceived dangers now?

I took your lead "houses...closer..street..etc. The dangers are both
real and perceived regardless.

If that's the case then I'll opt out of this conversation. When I posted
my reply you were stating the case that there was a real danger.

There is a real danger. If you care to deny the fact that there is a
history of loss of life, physical destruction to property in airparks,
then you had best opt out. I certainly have no more use to discuss this
with you if you're position so flagrantly flies in the face of reality.
Old March 22nd 08, 02:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Orval Fairbairn[_2_]

In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote in
news

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Then there are trains and train tracks but two things differ.

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and

because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

--

Utter nonsense! A GA airport does not negatively affect real estate
values.

I'd pay more to live near one.

BTW, have you ever seen a Rocket on floats?

Yes -- I have an original copy of the Popular Mechanics magazine that
shows an illustration on the cover (no story inside, however). I
seriously doubt that they ever tried that one, however! There wou;ld be
too many compromises to make it work well.

Old March 22nd 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_10_]

On Mar 21, 10:55 pm, WJRFlyBoy wrote:

There is a real danger. If you care to deny the fact that there is a
history of loss of life, physical destruction to property in airparks,
then you had best opt out. I certainly have no more use to discuss this
with you if you're position so flagrantly flies in the face of reality.

Like every week there's some broadcast form a local airpark - "Oh the
humanity!!!!"

Old March 22nd 08, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
WJRFlyBoy

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Then there are trains and train tracks but two things differ.

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

--

Utter nonsense! A GA airport does not negatively affect real estate
values.

Never said that. I said the market for resale is significantly affected
by perceptions which reduce the number of people who would be interested
in purchasing in an airpark. I would particularly point to the Captiva
example. it's an absolutely gorgeous place...with a limited market.
Resales there take loads of time, one reason is the perception of living
near an airstrip.

Here at Spruce Creek we have some of the highest-priced homes in the
county (near Daytona Beach).

There are $10M homse on Captiva. The price of the home means nothing in
terms of what I said, MOF, the higher the price of the home, including
airstrip, further limits the resale market. These are not speculations,
they are mathematical and historical facts.
Old March 22nd 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Orval Fairbairn wrote in
news
In article ,
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Orval Fairbairn wrote in
news_r_fairbairn-D875AE.17070521032008@70-3-168-

216.area5.spcsdns.net:

WJRFlyBoy wrote:

Then there are trains and train tracks but two things differ.

1) People, right or wrong, don't view the danger the same
2) You can invest a potload of money into an airpark house and

because
of perceptions alone, your resale market gets smaller and smaller.

--

Utter nonsense! A GA airport does not negatively affect real estate
values.

I'd pay more to live near one.

BTW, have you ever seen a Rocket on floats?

Yes -- I have an original copy of the Popular Mechanics magazine that
shows an illustration on the cover (no story inside, however). I
seriously doubt that they ever tried that one, however! There wou;ld

be
too many compromises to make it work well.

I saw a photograph of one on an old air trails or something. At least I
think it was a photo. I'll see if I can find it and post it somewhere.

Bertie

Airparks; Living On The Beaten Path? WJRFlyBoy Piloting 257 March 28th 08 01:26 PM
Airparks... .Blueskies. Owning 9 May 8th 06 04:14 PM
Airparks and clubs around Phoenix AZ ? gilan Home Built 3 March 9th 06 01:07 PM
Airparks near Austin TX TIm Gilbert Owning 14 October 3rd 05 03:18 PM
A New, New Direction for a Beaten Dead Horse Shawn Soaring 0 February 25th 05 01:57 PM