A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LS3A rudder needed

Old December 15th 20, 03:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LS3A rudder needed

On Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:35:25 PM UTC-5, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Sunday, November 22, 2020 at 11:13:48 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Our club is currently in the initial stages of rebuilding a LS3A , we are in need of a rudder...

Do you have anything left of the original rudder? We can make a copy if there is something to start from.

Yes, we have two rudders, both in bad shape, one is without question pretty much destroyed, in two complete pieces, the other is somewhat crushed, but in one piece. Bob
Old December 15th 20, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 7:56:43 AM UTC-5, Mike wrote:
Our club is currently in the initial stages of rebuilding a LS3A , we are in need of a rudder...

Do you have anything left of the original rudder? We can make a copy if there is something to start from.

Bob, I have a rudder I can lend you if you and the club agree to go this route. I would donate it to the club but I need it for my LS-3 project.
Mike

Mike, that is very kind of you, we are working on getting a rudder repaired or finding something that we can make work. You certainly would think that there is a rudder out there somewhere from a damaged ship. We are expanding our search, hopefully something will turn up or possibly go the repair route. It would certainly be a shame if we cannot get a rudder, we have been working on the ship for the last few weeks and making great progress. Bob
Old December 15th 20, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Sinclair[_5_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 7:04:09 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Bob, I have a rudder I can lend you if you and the club agree to go this route. I would donate it to the club but I need it for my LS-3 project.
Mike

Mike, that is very kind of you, we are working on getting a rudder repaired or finding something that we can make work. You certainly would think that there is a rudder out there somewhere from a damaged ship. We are expanding our search, hopefully something will turn up or possibly go the repair route. It would certainly be a shame if we cannot get a rudder, we have been working on the ship for the last few weeks and making great progress. Bob

I have a LS-3 rudder, but it’s several inches shorter than the A. Also have several unidentified rudders. We made one LS-3a out of two wrecks many years ago and one of these “unidentifiable” rudders may just be for an LS-3.If you could send the height and width and upper-pin size of the LS-3A rudder, I’ll check that info against what’s in the barn. No charge to good guys and clubs.
JJ
Old December 15th 20, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 1:14:02 PM UTC-5, John Sinclair wrote:

Mike

I have a LS-3 rudder, but it’s several inches shorter than the A. Also have several unidentified rudders. We made one LS-3a out of two wrecks many years ago and one of these “unidentifiable” rudders may just be for an LS-3.If you could send the height and width and upper-pin size of the LS-3A rudder, I’ll check that info against what’s in the barn. No charge to good guys and clubs.
JJ

John, ours is a LS3 not A, we are using parts of both to make this project work, the 3 rudder would be perfect. Thanks, Bob
Old December 16th 20, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 4:05:47 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Tuesday, December 15, 2020 at 1:14:02 PM UTC-5, John Sinclair wrote:

Mike

JJ

John, ours is a LS3 not A, we are using parts of both to make this project work, the 3 rudder would be perfect. Thanks, Bob

After taking a close look at the data plate ours is in fact an A. So, we are looking for the A model rudder. Thanks, Bob
Old December 16th 20, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Would this be of any help?

https://www.segelflug.de/osclass/ind...=item&id=48443