Long time reader selling plane

Old August 10th 05, 01:51 AM
Doug

Default Long time reader selling plane

I started reading these aviation newgroups in 1999 when I learned to
fly. I bought my Husky and have put over 2000 hours on it in 5 1/2
years. It is time for me to move on to other pursuits (I am playing my
guitar and involved in some other great activities). I don't really
know if I will continue to fly or not, we shall see.

If you are interested in buying a nice Husky with Amphib floats goto:
http://www.seaplanes.org/cgi-bin/cla...2108%26search=

You can see pictures at:
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rogue's_gallery_a-h.htm#B
(scroll down to the Husky, and click on the pics!)

Thanks for your patience.

I just flew the Husky today. Flies great!

Good luck to all!

Old August 10th 05, 04:57 PM
Jay Honeck

I started reading these aviation newgroups in 1999 when I learned to
fly. I bought my Husky and have put over 2000 hours on it in 5 1/2
years. It is time for me to move on to other pursuits (I am playing my
guitar and involved in some other great activities). I don't really
know if I will continue to fly or not, we shall see.

???

That last statement makes no sense to me. How does one simply stop flying
of ones own free will?

Although I suppose flying 400 hours per year *might* burn me out on
flying...?

Upon further reflection, that wouldn't happen, either. We've been flying at
the "400 hour annually" pace since May, to destinations from coast to coast,
and I'm still sitting here thinking about where to fly next!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 10th 05, 05:05 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Jay Honeck wrote:

Although I suppose flying 400 hours per year *might* burn me out on
flying...?

Upon further reflection, that wouldn't happen, either. We've been flying at
the "400 hour annually" pace since May, to destinations from coast to coast,
and I'm still sitting here thinking about where to fly next!

Knock 40+ knots off the speed of your plane...

Recalculate...

Having amphibious capability does add to the joy factor though...

The $110k purchase price kinda erodes that "joy factor" abit, insurance
too...
Old August 10th 05, 06:19 PM
Doug

I've had a terrific time with this airplane. Two trips to Alaska on
wheels. Two trips to Canada on floats. A trip to Maine on floats. Lots
of float flying in Washington and Minnesota. Also, tons of short hops
on both floats and wheels. I've landed at most of the Idaho backcountry
airpstrips (very challenging). Been to almost every state in the nation
with it. On wheels it's a tailweel. Take it out and land it off field.
On floats its an amphib creature, very different aircraft. Being able
to land on lakes opens up many, many possibilities. Have you seen the
ads where the guy is dreaming of retirement and flying a floatplane?
That is me. Could be you.

As for stopping flying. I have done that, well almost. I only fly the
plane enough to keep it current, about once a week, short trip. Just
enough to stretch it's legs. The plane is in good shape. Someone else
should buy it and have their fun with it. It really is an experience
like no other. Price is right too.