PROOF THAT NEOCONS ARE STUPID

Old September 15th 04, 10:32 PM
Ragnar

"Leadfoot" wrote in message
news:RgY1d.299705$Oi.151027@fed1read04...

"Ragnar" wrote in message

"Leadfoot" wrote in message
news:nXN1d.298098$Oi.247686@fed1read04...

"Ragnar" wrote in message

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
The vast majority of university professors and scholars are

Democratic
liberals. Very few are neocons. The neocons just can't make the

cut
into
higher
education.
They just aren't smart enough as Bush so eloquently demonstrates.

So, if Bush is so stupid, why is he President and you're just a

bitter
old
man?

Because the supreme court elected him,

Ah, another person who wasn't paying attention to the US and Florida

Supreme
Court decisions. Read up on it and come back.

You notice that no supreme court justice has retired during this

particular
presidential term? There is a reason for that.

And?

Remember the other guy had more people vote for him

Umm, the President isn't elected by popular vote. Go read the

Constitution
and come back.

What? Not finished reading it yet?

Old September 15th 04, 10:41 PM
Jack G

Which was exactly the point I tried to make to ART. Believe me, I know how
the President is elected.

Jack G.
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Jack G" wrote in message
I never mentioned Electoral votes in my post. The topic of Art's post

was
the popular vote.

Then you are wasting your breath--the nationwide popular vote does not

mean
squat.

Brooks

Jack G.
"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message

"Jack G" wrote in message
From http://www.fec.gov/pubrec/2000presgeresults.htm

Popular Vote:

Bush: 50,456,002 47.87%
Go 50,999,897 48.38%

Looks like more to me!

Uhmmm...I believe his point is in regards to the votes that actually
count--the Electoral College ones. ISTR Bush got more of those?

Brooks

Jack G.

"Leslie Swartz" wrote in message
Do your homework.

"Jack G" wrote in message
Art, can you name the other presidents who were elected with

less
than
majority of the popular vote? Or have you forgotten them?

Jack G.

Old September 15th 04, 11:34 PM
Pete

"Leadfoot" wrote

We now have a system where the candidates only care about votes in 14 of

50
states. IS THIS A GOOD IDEA????

A straight popular vote would have the candidates only care about 3
*cities*. NYC, Chicago, and LA
The metro areas of those cities comprise ~40 million people. Equal to the 23
smallest states.

Is THAT a good idea?

Pete

Old September 16th 04, 12:25 AM
J Haggerty

Leadfoot wrote:

You notice that no supreme court justice has retired during this particular
presidential term? There is a reason for that.

Because they aren't ready to retire?

JPH
Old September 16th 04, 12:27 AM
Bob Coe

"ArtKramr" wrote

Is that from the 1,000 houirs you flew the B-26?

More people have died in a Cessna 172 than a B-26.

Airplanes aren't unsafe, or bad, but the drivers do silly things.

Bob Coe, 12k+ hours in the Tweet, Talon, Bronco
"Two Screws are better than Two Blow Jobs"

Old September 16th 04, 10:18 AM
Cub Driver

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 16:40:29 GMT, "Jack G"
wrote:

1992 William J. Clinton (D) 68.8 43.0
1996 William J. Clinton (D) 70.4 49.0
2000 George W. Bush (R) 50.3 47.8

Thanks for the list. You won't hear much about this factoid on the
mainstream media, however, given that the last president to get a
popular majority was Ronald Reagan--twice.

I used to whisper to my wife (you have to whisper about such things
when you live in a university town): "How come Reagan keeps getting
elected if we're the only people voting for him?"

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum
www.warbirdforum.com
Expedition sailboat charters www.expeditionsail.com
Old September 16th 04, 12:16 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Cub Driver" wrote in message

Thanks for the list. You won't hear much about this factoid on the
mainstream media, however, given that the last president to get a
popular majority was Ronald Reagan--twice.

Didn't Bush win a majority of the popular vote in 1988?