Baron N502TB AIG insurance update

Old June 30th 03, 10:02 PM
H. Adam Stevens

Default Baron N502TB AIG insurance update

Anyone ever done business with Beegles in Greeley Colo?
We're talking radome, RADAR, both wings (w/boots), right engine,
tail feathers, landing gear; The spar carry-through and pressure vessel are
unknowns.
That's a long way from San Marcos, Texas.
The insurance guy sure has a thing for them.
H.
N502TB

Old July 1st 03, 04:35 AM
H. Adam Stevens

It's been a freaking MONTH since the hangar doors blew in.
They're grasping at straws......
H.
N502TB
"Jim" wrote in message
AIG wants to fix it?!
--
Jim Burns III

Remove "nospam" to reply

Old July 1st 03, 05:32 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

blanche cohen wrote:
Beegles is one of the major shops that do insurance work.

And yes, the insurance adjusters like them.

But, do the customers whose planes are repaired there like them?

Cheers,
Sydney

Old July 1st 03, 01:12 PM
H. Adam Stevens

Thanks
H.
N502TB

"blanche cohen" wrote in message
Beegles is one of the major shops that do insurance work. It's also
one of the western US NTSB sites. Everytime you hear the phrase
"the wreckage is being investigated by/taken to the NTSB" it's
Beegles.

And yes, the insurance adjusters like them.

Old July 1st 03, 01:15 PM
H. Adam Stevens

And more specifically, will I still get to turn down unsolicited offers
of $360K for my perfect two-owner, two-pilot, no-damage-history P Baron?
????
H.
N502TB

Old July 1st 03, 03:41 PM
Sydney Hoeltzli

H. Adam Stevens wrote:
And more specifically, will I still get to turn down unsolicited offers
of $360K for my perfect two-owner, two-pilot, no-damage-history P Baron?
????

Sadly, no.

Was it insured for $360K?

It sounds as though you would like the insurance company to
total the plane, give you a check, and let you go shopping.

If that is the case, perhaps consulting with an aviation lawyer
would be advisable as to your best course of action?

Frankly, with the extensive damage it suffered, I'm surprised
it isn't close to "break even" for them to do so, surely a
Baron with good avionics has substantial salvage value especially
if the condition of major structure is unclear at this time.

Good luck!
Sydney

Old July 1st 03, 07:36 PM
H. Adam Stevens

Sydney
$375K coverage.
$450K invested, ~160 hours flown.
Victor Sloan motors, the right one needs an inspection as a hangar door hit
the hub and prop.
Your interpretation is accurate as to my situation, wishes and course of
action.

Old July 2nd 03, 02:37 AM
blanche cohen

My cherokee was repaired by Beegles. They found substantial
damage other than what was discovered by the insurance
adjuster (but not covered because the damage was not due
to the event). I consider that excellent. They could have
ignored the additional damage knowing it was not part of
the claim. Other than a less than perfect paint job on the
bottom of the wing (dust got on the wet paint) I am very
happy with the work they did.

All told, cost about $600 out of my pocket to remedy that
safety issue. 'Whole lots more from the insurance company!