Inexpensive Part 135?

Old July 1st 03, 06:57 PM
Brien K. Meehan

Default Inexpensive Part 135?

How 'bout a Cirrus SR20 or SR22? Apparently they're Part 135 ready
"out of the box." Any opinions on these?
Old July 1st 03, 09:32 PM
Sky Boy

How 'bout a Cirrus SR20 or SR22? Apparently they're Part 135 ready
"out of the box." Any opinions on these?

Better check on the single pilot aspect of it. For IFR, I think you need
two pilots or a 3 axis autopilot that is part 135 approved. Last time I
looked a few months ago, the Cirrus only comes with an S-TEC autopilot.

Old July 2nd 03, 02:30 AM
Richard Kaplan

"Sky Boy" wrote in message
. ..

Better check on the single pilot aspect of it. For IFR, I think you need
two pilots or a 3 axis autopilot that is part 135 approved. Last time I
looked a few months ago, the Cirrus only comes with an S-TEC autopilot.

The operational definition of a 3-axis autopilot for Part 135 purposes is an
autopilot with heading hold and altitude hold. My Cessna 400B qualifies,
for example, even though the autopilot does not control the rudder.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com