Which plane?

Old November 3rd 04, 06:32 AM
tony roberts

Default Which plane?

A friend of mine who is an experienced commercial and airshow pilot, but
who is not too internet savvy asked me a question today which I couldn't
answer - but I am hoping that someone here can.

He is currently looking to sell a brand new custom built aircaft which
was built with one specific goal - to take the speed record for
circumnavigating the world.
Branson & Co scooped him so it's for sale. If you are interested let me
know and I'll give you his address.

Currently he is looking for a GA aircraft that will transport him and a
650cc Yamaha Sports Bike.
He does not want to be taking out a seat just to get the bike in.

He doesn't want to dismantle the bike to get it in.

He would prefer 2 seats plus bike but would settle for one.

He thought Helio Courier.
I didn't think that he would get the bike in.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

Tony Roberts
PP-ASEL
VFR OTT
Night
Cessna 172H C-GICE
Old November 3rd 04, 02:40 PM
Carl Ellis

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 06:32:41 GMT, tony roberts wrote:

[...]

Pilatus Porter?

- Carl -
Old November 5th 04, 02:18 AM
Carl J. Hixon

I say go for a Beech 18.

Old November 6th 04, 03:33 AM
Al Gilson

Carl....after several hours of intense scrutiny of your financial
scenario, I noted a serious flaw in your plan:

The last item in your spreadsheet, although wisely placed in the initial
expense category, should also be budgeted in as an ongoing cost, perhaps
even figured into an hourly reserve with a fairly reasonable amount
expensed quarterly or even more often.

In my case, I have found that a modest amount from the flying fund applied
to the [wife] reserve category pays back immense divedends when I wish to
use the [weekend at the airshow] or [take buddies to remote location]
entertainment section.

Of course, your results may differ.

;^)
- - - -