Support for Glide Path app for iPhone?

Old August 17th 13, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

Default Support for Glide Path app for iPhone?

I've been using Glide Path on an iPhone 4S for a couple of years w/o problems, but recently it stopped directly uploading an IGC file to the OLC. Emails the file just fine. No support available from the developer . . any suggestions??
Old August 26th 13, 11:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Kellett

As it turns out, I was wrong. There IS support, and I've just learned from the developer that he's working on an upgrade.
Old August 27th 13, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Terry Pitts

I have GlidePath. Contacted the developer with a question a while back. No answer. The software was not even mentioned on his site when you click the "developer" link in the App Store.

On several flights I've logged with GlidePath, there are points during the flight where the glider seems to have bounced off the ground and returned to altitude - somewhat like MS Flight Simulator with realism turned off! It did not happen that way!

I tried to upload my most recent flight directly to OLC, also without success.

I try to remember to place the device in the one-second interval position, and it almost always seems to return to five-second logging. That makes for funning looking thermals on Google Maps. I would suggest making the default one second and then letting people change it.

I wish the software had enough logic to know that the time sitting still between beginning to log and the actual takeoff was not part of the flight. Ditto for the time between touchdown and when you shut it off. My first priority after landing is getting the glider clear of the runway, not stopping GlidePath from recording data...

Just my opinion.

Terry