Dear Jack - Elevator Turbulator tape question

Old October 13th 03, 09:25 AM
Dave Martin

Default Dear Jack - Elevator Turbulator tape question

At 03:00 12 October 2003, Jack wrote:
in article ,
Dave Martin at
wrote on 2003/10/11
4:41:

I would defend to the end your right to do what you
want with your life.

Sadly it is not those who kill themselves that is
the
problem, it is

The 'friends' left behind....

The relatives....

...the thieving grasping lawyers....

[H]ave a thought for the others....

If you want to kill yourself go out quietly and shoot
yourself....

Which would, of course, solve _none_ of the so-called
'problems' you listed
above.

You would 'defend to the death' my right to -- what?
Live so that you and
others are never inconvienienced?

I know we can't expect your ilk to understand that
it is that kind of
thinking that has got the world where it is today,
but a little less
hypocrisy would be nice.

Jack

Dear Jack 2

I am sorry you think my post was being hypocritical.
Why I do not know as I do not believe I know you or
you me so how can you describe my ILK.

Early this year I spent some time with a keen gliderpilot,
who is now dead. Killed in a glider crash.

The cause of his death appears to be over conifidence,
a failure to listen to what had been taught in training
and briefings and a belief he could walk on water.
Some of these qualities were identified during his
training. He also had the ability to fly very well
when it came to checks flights. So the system allowed
him to continue.

His death 'gliding' was avoidable.

Maybe I should have stopped him gliding....... But
that would have lead to criticism from people of your
ILK.

Sadly, his friends scraped his remains of the airfield.
His friends, went to funerals and memorial services.
Several of his friend have stopped gliding.

His death has caused more heartache than enough.

We are crying out for new members, his death has cost
us several members who we can ill afford to lose, himself
included.

Hypocritical B*****ks. If I can stop one more gliding
death, I will do whatever it takes. Popular or unpopular
or hypocritical.

Dave Martin

Yes your comments got under my skin.
I hope mine get right up your nose.

Old October 13th 03, 02:45 PM
mm

"Dave Martin" wrote in message
[...]

Have you considered giving up the sport? Perhaps something else is more
suitable for you. Maybe you could take up motorcycling; it has an even
greater number of people you can try to save from themselves.

mm

Old October 14th 03, 08:11 PM
Jack

in article , Dave Martin at
wrote on 2003/10/13 3:25:

I am sorry you think my post was being hypocritical.
Why I do not know....

DM,

I would say it is hypocritical, certainly in the dictionary sense of being a
"simulation of virtue", to, after citing numerous disadvantages of one fatal
activity of which you do not approve, recommend another form which you would
approve for those who disagree with you. If you find true virtue in that, a
rational debate may not be possible.

Early this year I spent some time with a keen gliderpilot,
who is now dead. Killed in a glider crash.

You have my sympathies, as no doubt the loss was a personal one for you.

Maybe I should have stopped him gliding....... But
that would have lead to criticism from people of your
ILK.

I think attempting to stop him might have have led to retribution more
immediate than criticism from those of us on r.a.s. who expect to be left to
make our own decisions. Many here in the USA are still trying to hold on to
the vestiges of our freedom.

Sadly, his friends scraped his remains of the airfield.
His friends, went to funerals and memorial services.

I suspect that the majority of those active sailplane pilots no longer
eligible for the SSA youth awards have done the same, in and out of
aviation, in peace and war. Not that it makes that any easier, but you
should remember that it is possible to experience such things and continue
to live an active, adventurous life and not to assume burdens which are not
yours to bear.

Several of his friend have stopped gliding.

More's the pity, then, that they could not have done his memory better
service by increasing their committment to the sport, rather than slinking
away. Let's all hope they will see the light in the near future and return
with a constructive attitude.

If I can stop one more gliding death, I will do whatever it takes.
Popular or unpopular or hypocritical.

Why not simply post yourself at the gate with a shotgun then, and prevent us
from getting on the field at all -- and don't forget to stop your neighbor's
son from driving his car for a few more years as well -- you may even "help
to lower insurance rates".

Yes your comments got under my skin.
I hope mine get right up your nose.

Not at all -- but they were mildly amusing.

Jack