Electric trim

Old March 28th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bruce McFadden

Default Electric trim

I have a 1968 PA32-260 which has a PET-1 electric trim. It works well. I
am ready to get rid of the bow-tie yokes in favor of new PMA'd yokes from
Avion or refurbished yokes from Wentworth.

My problem is the trim switch. The design of the current switch will not
fit a ram's horn style yoke. Electric trim switches are available; both new
and used for Pipers, but I am not able to ascertain if they will work, let
alone be legal.

How do I got about finding if the old PET-! trim switch can legally be
replaced by a new Piper trim switch?

Wher can I look online for this info?

Thanks in advance

--

Bruce McFadden Birmingham, AL
PA32-260 N5594J

Patrick Henry --"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will do the
plowing for those that don't!!

Old March 28th 07, 03:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_3_]

I would take this to the Piper Cherokee group.

http://www.piperowner.com/

If there is a solution, someone there knows it! (BY FAR the best
Cherokee info source)

Dave

Old March 28th 07, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

I would take this to the Piper Cherokee group.

http://www.piperowner.com/

If there is a solution, someone there knows it! (BY FAR the best
Cherokee info source)

I'll "Second" Dave's motion. If the answer can't be found on
"Cherokee Chat" -- there is no answer.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

How much do you trim? Mxsmanic Piloting 89 October 13th 06 05:14 AM
Electric Trim Jon Woellhaf Piloting 3 October 4th 05 02:31 PM
Mooney Electric Trim Problem [email protected] Owning 2 September 5th 05 06:16 PM
Cherokee Electric Pitch Trim Jonathan Goodish Owning 4 November 18th 04 02:43 AM
trim tab help Robert Loer Home Built 0 March 29th 04 08:30 AM