Oshkosh Images Posted

Old November 10th 03, 02:33 PM
Ron Natalie

"Tyson Rininger" wrote in message k.net...
The event was open to the public. It's perfectly legal to sell images of
aircraft in the sky.

Sorry, that's certainly not true. It is quite common at things like sporting events for
the event to claim copyright on the "show." Maybe you can get away with it at
Airventure (although they specifically claim such rights, see this link:
http://www.eaa.org/trademark_policy.html ), but try it at a NASCAR
event sometime, their lawyers will be on you faster than than you can say
Tony Stewart.

Not all your pictures are of aircraft in the sky anyway (not that it makes any difference).

Old November 10th 03, 03:07 PM
Stu Gotts

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 08:33:50 -0500, "Ron Natalie"
wrote:

"Tyson Rininger" wrote in message k.net...
The event was open to the public. It's perfectly legal to sell images of
aircraft in the sky.

Sorry, that's certainly not true. It is quite common at things like sporting events for
the event to claim copyright on the "show." Maybe you can get away with it at
Airventure (although they specifically claim such rights, see this link:
http://www.eaa.org/trademark_policy.html ), but try it at a NASCAR
event sometime, their lawyers will be on you faster than than you can say
Tony Stewart.

Not all your pictures are of aircraft in the sky anyway (not that it makes any difference).

You really do spend a lot of time showing people that they are wrong,
don't you. Now, if one were to look a bit further, one might see how
this, as are most of you posts, are riddled with your own personal
interpretations which are mostly incorrect.

Old November 10th 03, 03:17 PM
Ron Natalie

"Stu Gotts" wrote in message news
You really do spend a lot of time showing people that they are wrong,
don't you. Now, if one were to look a bit further, one might see how
this, as are most of you posts, are riddled with your own personal
interpretations which are mostly incorrect.

If people want to discuss (or argue) what I say in my posts, they are welcome
to do that. I'm always willing to listen, and even to be persuaded by other's
posts. This I welcome as opposed to people who just pop up here and
throw flames on the group without contributing any information.

Old November 10th 03, 10:22 PM
Tyson Rininger

While I'm greatful for your guys' concern over my right to sell images, the
law is still on my side. I am familiar with NASCAR and their policies (I'm
a photographer for Laguna Seca Raceway) and also know the difference between
a sanctioning body (NASCAR)and a club such as EAA. While I don't agree with
NASCAR's bully approach to the right's grab scenario, EAA does not have
commercial rights over the aircraft that participate nor the land in which
the airport occupies...a little different than a privately owned racetrack
which pays NASCAR for their presence.

On another note, just about all of the key players involved with EAA know of
my photography including founder Paul Pobrezney and President, Tom
Pobrezney. Even their PR guy knows of the website.

Try to enjoy the images...that's kinda the idea!

Tyson

m...

Old November 11th 03, 12:19 AM
Stu Gotts

The three of your last posts that I've seen (excluding this) were to
let someone know they were wrong, or to explain what a poster meant to
say. How about doing something useful with your clairvoyance and give
us the winning lottery numbers, numb nuts!

Old November 11th 03, 12:39 AM
Roger Halstead

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 21:22:11 GMT, "Tyson Rininger"
wrote:

[...]

om...

"Tyson Rininger" wrote in message

nk.net...
The event was open to the public. It's perfectly legal to sell images

of
aircraft in the sky.

Sorry, that's certainly not true. It is quite common at things like

sporting events for
the event to claim copyright on the "show." Maybe you can get away with

it at
Airventure (although they specifically claim such rights, see this link:

The EAA can claim any thing they want, but legally they only have
rights to the name of the fly-in. They definitely do not have the
rights over any photographs shot there as it is a public airport and
grounds. Photos shot in their hangers, or museum are a different
matter.

Now they could sue some one, but unless they got a really sympathetic
ear they would lose and risk the possibility of a very expensive
counter suit. What we as individuals can not do (without their
blessings) is to use the trademark name of airventure

It's also been my impression as Tyson has stated, they have never
pushed the issue and I don't think they would unless some one was
using their trade name for their own purposes.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)