First hand experience with GPS Jamming

Old July 25th 11, 07:52 AM
Alfaest Alfaest is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Leonard[_2_] View Post
Got my first experience with GPS Jamming. Apparently, lots of
truckers on I-35 near the Kansas-Oklahoma border were jamming today.
I would go from 8 satellites showing on my GPS Nav Display (Cambridge
Model 20 GPS) to none, lost distance to turnpoint, lost ground track,
lost bearing to turnpoint in the blink of an eye. Typically, after a
minute or two, the GPS Nav would resume navigation with three
satellites showing. It would in rather short order (10-15 seconds)
get back up to tracking 8 satellites. Repeat process in 2-5 minutes.

I am assuming this was GPS jamming, as nobody else flying from
Sunflower reported any sort of issues, and it only happened in this
one stretch along I-35. Interestingly enough, it happend only once (I
think ) after I crossed to the east side or I-35. Maybe I was just
far enough from the jammers.

My flight is uploaded to OLC. If you download it and watch it in any
playback, you will see me stop, then jump forward. This particular
GPS has worked perfectly before and since. It was only this one brief
section of one leg of the flight. Of course, it really gets your
attention when your display goes all dashes, and the computer says
"GPS Wait".

Anyone else had an "encounter" like this?

Just curious

Steve Leonard
Nimbus 3 VJS
The GPS jamming device is really a kind of gadget that block the signal of a GPS unit. I hit upon a website that sells lots of jammers like the cell phone jammer and GPS jammer, it is http://www.jammerall.com/ , you can go there and take a look , it's really funny.
Old July 25th 11, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glidergeek

Default First hand experience with GPS Jamming

;777762']Got my first experience with GPS Jamming. *Apparently, lots of

--
Alfaest

This product can send mess codes to create interference to block
signals from the GSP satellites and the typical jamming range is 10 to
20 meters.

10-20 meters? how would that jam my GPS in a glider at altitude?
Old July 25th 11, 05:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jim wynhoff

'Steve Leonard[_2_ Wrote:

[...]

10-20 meters? how would that jam *my GPS in a glider at altitude?- Hide quoted text -

The GPS signal from the satellites is a very low amplitude psuedo-
random-noise signal. It doesn't take much to make it unusable. A choke
ring antenna would probably eliminate the problem if you always flew
wings level, but that's not going to happen, is it?
Old July 26th 11, 12:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

On Jul 24, 4:12*pm, Bill D wrote:
On Jul 24, 12:44*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:

On 7/24/2011 11:29 AM, T wrote:

On Jul 24, 9:12 am, *wrote:
On Jul 24, 11:57 am, *wrote:

"Got my first experience with GPS Jamming. *Apparently, lots of
truckers on I-35 near the Kansas-Oklahoma border were jamming today".

What kind of equipment do you think these truckers were using to jam
with?

Cheap. *Google....

I've seen intermittent loss of GPS signal at low altitude twice this
Summer... now I know why. *In both cases I was very close to a
highway.

Things that make you go "grrrrrrrrrrr."

-Evan Ludeman / T8

I know of no equipment carried by truckers that jam GPS. The FCC and
others would be very interested.

Why would truckers want to jam GPS? *Also, I did a Google search, and I
only see jammers that work within 30 feet.

From "The Economist":

"Such devices are illegal to sell or use, but they have become popular
with commercial drivers who object to their employers tracking their
every move. A jammer prevents a tracking device in the vehicle from
determining (and then reporting) its location and speed—but it also
disrupts GPS signals for others nearby."

Link to full article. http://www.economist.com/node/18304246

Old July 26th 11, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_2_]

On 7/25/2011 4:24 PM, Papa3 wrote:

From "The Economist":

"Such devices are illegal to sell or use, but they have become popular
with commercial drivers who object to their employers tracking their
every move. A jammer prevents a tracking device in the vehicle from
determining (and then reporting) its location and speed—but it also
disrupts GPS signals for others nearby."

Link to full article. http://www.economist.com/node/18304246

I still don't understand this -- are trucking companies so dense that
they can't figure out that one of their drivers is jamming the GPS
signal? Seems like a driver who jams the signal would soon be looking
for a new job.
Old July 26th 11, 10:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ray conlon

On Jul 25, 8:38*pm, Greg Arnold wrote:
On 7/25/2011 4:24 PM, Papa3 wrote:

*From "The Economist":

"Such devices are illegal to sell or use, but they have become popular
with commercial drivers who object to their employers tracking their
every move. A jammer prevents a tracking device in the vehicle from
determining (and then reporting) its location and speed—but it also
disrupts GPS signals for others nearby."

Link to full article.http://www.economist.com/node/18304246

I still don't understand this -- are trucking companies so dense that
they can't figure out that one of their drivers is jamming the GPS
signal? *Seems like a driver who jams the signal would soon be looking
for a new job.

Many of the trucking outfits use "contract"drivers who don't work
directly for them and have little control over what they do, for them
the GPS tracking is more of a "where is the load now" deal...
Old August 22nd 11, 10:28 AM
Alfaest Alfaest is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glidergeek View Post

[...]

Whatever you do, you want to do it by yourself. Whatever you think, you think about it in your mind. Whatever you have said, you say what you think is right. It is your right to keep all that about you secret. If there is someone steals them and cheats you by the way, if there is someone spies you and control you, you will not have the free right to achieve what you want to. What will you choose to do? Stay there to be ordered about or take courage to fight with them. so come to http://www.jammerall.com/ to buy a GPS signal jammer, it will defeat all your enemies and get back the right and time that belongs to you. Believe it or not, these stores do have the magic to solve your problem. i have benefit a lot from it.
Old August 23rd 11, 03:48 AM
Alfaest Alfaest is offline
Junior Member

Smile

[...]

it is really cool with a cell phone signal jammer.Your cell phone perhaps is giving out your secrets in face with the attack of cell phone tracking devices. What can be done to ensure the information security? Fortunately, the mobile phone jammers help us to come over the troublesome problem.A friend of mine who is a teacher was once annoyed by his students texting short messages during class, and later he bought a portable cell phone jammer, then all the students were confused that their cell phones cannot receive any signals even if it was the most advanced one.there are so charms of it.LOL...BTW,my friend said he bought it from online http://www.jammerall.com/ , and I checked some sites about that certain item. It's so funny that I'm thinking of purchasing one as well.
Old August 23rd 11, 03:58 AM
Alfaest Alfaest is offline
Junior Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Greenwell[_4_] View Post
On 7/24/2011 8:05 PM, ray conlon wrote:
On Jul 24, 10:45 pm, wrote:

And the new 4G cellphone- GPS
interference battle is just beginning. The cell phone industry is
promising to deliver billions to the federal coffers, and the FAA cost
the feds $$$, who do you think will win that one?

I'm betting the cell phone people lose this one - it's not just the FAA
that uses GPS and intends to depend heavily upon for ADB-S, but the
airliners filled with nervous passengers (aka "taxpayers"), but many
businesses and about a jillion consumers (aka "taxpayers").

At least the problem is not wide spread at the moment. I've never
experienced a GPS problem while flying or driving (except for tunnels
and tall buildings!).

email me)
it is really cool with a cell phone jammer, you can get into a peace world immediately with turning it on. i have got one from http://www.jammerall.com/ . you can try it, enjoy the magic power too.
Old August 23rd 11, 04:06 AM
Alfaest Alfaest is offline

On Jul 24, 10:45 pm, wrote:

And the new 4G cellphone- GPS
interference battle is just beginning. The cell phone industry is
promising to deliver billions to the federal coffers, and the FAA cost
the feds $$$, who do you think will win that one?

I'm betting the cell phone people lose this one - it's not just the FAA
that uses GPS and intends to depend heavily upon for ADB-S, but the
airliners filled with nervous passengers (aka "taxpayers"), but many
businesses and about a jillion consumers (aka "taxpayers").

At least the problem is not wide spread at the moment. I've never
experienced a GPS problem while flying or driving (except for tunnels
and tall buildings!).

email me)
To use cell phone in public places ignoring others' feeling is totally immoral and ridiculous. and it is very dangerous to make calls when you are driving. It should be banned in some certain sites as from my point of view. I'd like to recommend the gov. to install cell phone jammers in some certain public places I think.
But for now I just bought a cell phone jammer for my own use from http://www.jammerall.com/ , it helps really much when I feel fed up with the cell phone noise.

GPS jamming S Green Piloting 25 September 19th 11 03:51 AM
"Signal jamming a factor in future wars, general says" Mike Military Aviation 23 August 24th 11 02:17 AM
GPS Jamming coming? David Lesher General Aviation 0 February 11th 11 02:51 AM
Hand Propping_Adult - Fw_ Hand Propping.eml Ducky[_3_] Aviation Photos 2 June 6th 08 02:27 AM
USAF on jamming Henry J Cobb Military Aviation 1 May 10th 04 10:55 PM