Seminole Lake Gliderport Future?

Old March 7th 16, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seminole Lake Gliderport Future?

I can highly recomend Citrus Soaring. Franklin is attentive, knowledgable and a great instructor. If you want personalized instruction without all the hassles of 20 other gliders trying to get in the air, then citrus is the place to go. They are just north of seminole and have the same wonderfull soaring conditions.
Old March 7th 16, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

I recently sent one of my student pilots to Seminole while he was escaping from the cold up North. He came back positively overflowing with praise for the operation and people. I know several of the key folks, and they are a class act all around. While nothing in aviation is a sure thing, I can't imagine getting wrapped around the axle over taking lessons from Seminole.

Erik Mann
CFI-G from chilly NJ

Old March 7th 16, 02:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Pasker

Why would anyone want to do business with a place that is owned by the indicted former head of the secret police of Romania, who is under arrest on an INTERPOL warrant?

--bob

"Former PDSR MP Mihai Tanjala, sentenced to five years in prison for corruption in Romania, under international arrest warrant, is to be extradited to Romania from the Cayman Islands, where he was arrested in October, local media reported."

Old March 9th 16, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KEN

Well Bob, I'll tell you why people would want to do business at SLGP. I have lived on this airport for 27 years and have seen tow pilots,glider instructors,students ,and glider owners come and go. SLGP is a great place to fly with an excellent staff and manager. Soaring sites are becoming fewer every year. Should we throw in the towel an quite flying from SLGP because someone from outside the USA bought it. The pilots,staff and present manager plan to keep Seminole-Lake Gliderport open and keep it as a great place to enjoy soaring.
Old March 9th 16, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Casey[_2_]

Odd how the person who started this topic gave it such a catchy tittle and so interested in ensuring he would not waste training money on a place that may not be around to finish his rating that we have not heard from him since his initial post.

Also he has not responded to my private message.

I wonder if this post was started by one of the pilots that was asked to leave and not return.
Old March 9th 16, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Pilots being asked to leave? Staff coming and going? What all has been going on down your way other than the remote problems of the owner that have nothing really to do with the day to day op of the field?
Old March 11th 16, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting

Hey, which one of you nuckleheads real name is Susan?
Like none of you cheated on your taxes.
What happened, happened. What is, will be. And what's coming, nothing can stop.
In the mean time, go dig up your mother and cuss her out for creating a ****ant of a child.

Old March 11th 16, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 8:30:13 PM UTC-6, Retting wrote:
Hey, which one of you nuckleheads real name is Susan?
Like none of you cheated on your taxes.
What happened, happened. What is, will be. And what's coming, nothing can stop.
In the mean time, go dig up your mother and cuss her out for creating a ****ant of a child.

Well that escalated quickly
Old March 12th 16, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

I have not flown at Seminole since it was run by Knut and Ingrid, who were extremely hospitable. The first visit, Seminole was in Oveido.
Regardless of the legal issues brought up, hopefully these recent posts by an angry individual do not reflect the current attitude at Seminole. They appear to support that someone could have been treated poorly.
Seminole is an icon of our community, it would be bad to see it go away.
Jim

Old March 13th 16, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

If anyone really wants to see or hear how Seminole operates, come on down and watch the Seniors Contest now in process.

The contest crew and the Seminole folks are putting on a hell of a show.

Lou